Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Who said this or where did I read it? Whoever said it says Obama intends to delay Obamacare, he just doesn't want to give the Republicans credit for it. So he'll wait until after some deal is made on other things then will announce the delay himself as a wise decision until the glitches are fixed unrelated to the deal with Congress.

I can't remember if it was said on a TV news program by a guest (probably) or I read it on line in some news column. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm thinking it was said by a guest on some TV news show but I don't know who said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 AM

10,024 posts, read 15,675,599 times
Yes, I saw that yesterday. I think I read it.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
That would be pretty stupid of him now. He just shut the government down for 16 days over not delaying. If he delays within the next couple of months, it would look really bad on him.
Of course, keeping this going while people can't sign up through the disastrous exchanges will also look really bad for him.

I read today that 0 people have signed up in Alaska. And a few days ago Sebelius has a big registration party at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, and the government navigators on hand to sign people up couldn't even get through the system to register a single person. It was a sign up party with no sign ups, lol.
Sebelius Embarrassed at ObamaCare Signup Event - Fox Nation

Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Some columnist said a few days ago, that the glitches and crashes in the Federal exchanges, are deliberate. They keep happening, to prevent people from finding out how much their premiums are skyrocketing under Obamacare, and how little the program will pay ($6,000 deductible for many plans).

That may be different from what you're talking about.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Some columnist said a few days ago, that the glitches and crashes in the Federal exchanges, are deliberate. They keep happening, to prevent people from finding out how much their premiums are skyrocketing under Obamacare, and how little the program will pay ($6,000 deductible for many plans).

That may be different from what you're talking about.
Yeah, I don't think that was it. I think the person said he wants to delay it but doesn't want it to appear like the GOP forced his hand so he wants all of this other stuff over so he can announce it himself.

I actually don't want a delay or a defund (which could only be refunded in another year). When all of this shut down/debt limit stuff is off the table, I want everyone back to being focused on Obamacare issues. I want it to go into tax season. I want people to be reminded the tax penaly will go up. I want some potential GOP candidate to keep pounding home the "fairness" aspect that is whether all of these people who pushed it (celebs, unions, Democrat analysts, news media) and/or who voted for it on Capitol Hill are under it themselves. I don't know why the conservative media doesn't ask every person they interview who is for Obamacare or promoting it whether they are under Obamacare themselves, which plan do they have and have their insurance costs gone up. Since no Republican in the House or Senate voted for it, they can't be called a hypocrite. I want to see some "HYPOCRITE" and "UNFAIR" signs at rallies for Democrats running in 2014. I understand the President is going to go back into his Amnesty act when this debt stuff is over.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,675,599 times
There's a Forbes article on this:

Why President Obama Will Have To Delay His Health Insurance Mandate - Forbes

I may have seen some variation of this on Twitter.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who said this or where did I read it? Whoever said it says Obama intends to delay Obamacare, he just doesn't want to give the Republicans credit for it. So he'll wait until after some deal is made on other things then will announce the delay himself as a wise decision until the glitches are fixed unrelated to the deal with Congress.

I can't remember if it was said on a TV news program by a guest (probably) or I read it on line in some news column. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm thinking it was said by a guest on some TV news show but I don't know who said it.
I have not heard that.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
That would be pretty stupid of him now. He just shut the government down for 16 days over not delaying. If he delays within the next couple of months, it would look really bad on him.
Of course, keeping this going while people can't sign up through the disastrous exchanges will also look really bad for him.

I read today that 0 people have signed up in Alaska. And a few days ago Sebelius has a big registration party at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, and the government navigators on hand to sign people up couldn't even get through the system to register a single person. It was a sign up party with no sign ups, lol.
His ego is too big. He would never do it.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
It would be typical of a someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

To the sane person paying attention, yes, he would look not just stupid, but a thousand times worse to let what happened in the past couple weeks happen. BUT, the media and just about every liberal will give him a pass. In fact, theyll congratulate him. Watch, if he does it, youll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies