Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:43 PM

594 posts, read 506,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Well first of all you don't destroy a country's economy by defaulting to fix overspending and debt, what is so difficult for the Tea Party supporters to understand that?
That is faux new/right wing media logic for you. They shut down the government closing visible and invisible services like the sba loans to stop ACA, which is up and running even during the shutdown. Now they want a present for all the damage they have caused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 04:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,359,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
What did they lie about?
Your insurance will cost the same as your cable bill?
You can cover yourself and your family for the cost of your cellphone bill.
Was that a lie or simply misrepresenting the facts?

Obama: Under Obamacare, health care will cost less than your cell phone bill - YouTube
I haven't seen any costs lower than $130.00 a month.
My cell bill is $80 a month. look at 1.02 minutes in the video....
a Lie or an exaggeration.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM

38,839 posts, read 22,704,925 times
Quote:
John McCain, the guy that most on the right voted for in 2008, admitted that Republicans started the shutdown fight with the false premise that Obamacare would be repealed.

“We started out with a false premise here on this side of the aisle and that’s that we were somehow going to repeal ObamaCare,” McCain said. “To think that we’re going to repeal ObamaCare … was a false premise, and I think did the American people a great disservice by telling them that we could.”

McCain: Deal could be reached if lawmakers stopped

It's time for other Republicans to admit the same thing. The ACA is here to stay so it's time for Republicans to pass a clean CR and govern for a change.
Politically speaking, McCain never met a fight where he would not throw in the towel.

McCain is a member of the political establishment, he see the ACA as a huge power grab by the government, and he likes all that power. He knows that one day his party will be in the majority again, and all that power to rule will be his party's turn to wield.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:05 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,015,689 times
For many, these costs are a real possibility in the future based on the fact that millions more will enter the insurance pool and the fact that there is already increased competition due to the exchanges. Also depends on what the states do. States like Vermont, California, and Minnesota could have a single payer system in the near future with the lowest insurance costs in the nation. Time will tell.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,952,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
McCain. No one but the left cares what you have to say anymore. Get lost. Retire. Take your bi-partisanship traitor butt to the retirement home. This man has no principles and doesnt really stand for anything.
This post is symbolic of everything that is wrong with the GOP right now. Doing something that might benefit the US economy and the American people that is not 100% in line with the teabagger agenda is now considered akin to treason. I am so glad that most of the Tea Party is old and is going to die soon. I am sick of our entire political process being hijacked by a group of elderly, racist curmudgeons.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 PM

38,839 posts, read 22,704,925 times
Quote:
For many, these costs are a real possibility in the future based on the fact that millions more will enter the insurance pool and the fact that there is already increased competition due to the exchanges. Also depends on what the states do. States like Vermont, California, and Minnesota could have a single payer system in the near future with the lowest insurance costs in the nation. Time will tell.
What competition in the exchanges? They all have to conform their health insurance policies to a one size fits all federal law.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:41 PM

577 posts, read 516,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
This post is symbolic of everything that is wrong with the GOP right now. Doing something that might benefit the US economy and the American people that is not 100% in line with the teabagger agenda is now considered akin to treason. I am so glad that most of the Tea Party is old and is going to die soon. I am sick of our entire political process being hijacked by a group of elderly, racist curmudgeons.
I think it's treason for Tea Party members to be celebrating a government shut down, and cheering on the default as no big deal. They are hell bent on the idea that somehow destroying the country is a good thing so that we can rebuild it in some way they see fit. Here's an idea, why don't they back off and sell those idea's in the next election, try to get a majority in congress and pass those laws.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,978,348 times
I voted for him, not I want him to retire. We need new blood who isn't afraid to fight for what's right. I wonder how he got all those metals if he wasn't willing to fight.
We want the new republicans like Ted Cruz... The future...

Old 10-08-2013, 05:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,325,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Well said.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,325,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
I think it's treason for Tea Party members to be celebrating a government shut down, and cheering on the default as no big deal. They are hell bent on the idea that somehow destroying the country is a good thing so that we can rebuild it in some way they see fit. Here's an idea, why don't they back off and sell those idea's in the next election, try to get a majority in congress and pass those laws.
Again......well said.

(I couldn't rep you again.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies