Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 11:31 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,541,099 times

Advertisements

"The United States signed a U.N. Arms Trade Treaty regulating the $70 billion global trade in conventional arms on Wednesday and the Obama administration sought to allay the fears of the powerful U.S. gun lobby which says the pact will violate the constitutional rights of Americans."

Kerry signs U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, says won't harm U.S. rights | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,267,714 times
That is some good news.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 AM

23,635 posts, read 17,318,538 times
Fortunately Kerry's signature is worthless without congressional approval.

Staged good faith effort by Kerry. Worry if legislators approve this.

Yet again we have proposed legislation/binding guidelines that are approved without knowing the full legal implication. How can that ever be a good thing???????????????

Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,687,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
"The United States signed a U.N. Arms Trade Treaty regulating the $70 billion global trade in conventional arms on Wednesday and the Obama administration sought to allay the fears of the powerful U.S. gun lobby which says the pact will violate the constitutional rights of Americans."

Kerry signs U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, says won't harm U.S. rights | Reuters

And it won't limit the 2nd amendment of the US constitution in any way.
It has to do with limiting and tracking the international sale of small arms from one nation to another. This is a "chicken little" issue by the NRA designed to inflame gun owners with distorted information.
I see you brought the gas can.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It has to do with limiting and tracking the international sale of small arms from one nation to another. This is a "chicken little" issue by the NRA designed to inflame gun owners with distorted information.
please... please don't give me the gas.... I just wanted to make the point.... someone else made it for me though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Yet again we have proposed legislation/binding guidelines that are approved without knowing the full legal implication. How can that ever be a good thing???????????????

Old 10-06-2013, 12:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,687,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
please... please don't give me the gas.... I just wanted to make the point.... someone else made it for me though...
Fair enough. I knew where you were going. I've had this debate so many times and I'm very, very versed on current gun law. I'm also very aware of exactly how the treaty will affect the United States directly and will stand by to refute all the chicken little posts that are sure to follow.

BTW, thanks for posting it. Good time to review the whole issue anyway.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:55 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,620,796 times
Quote:
Exactly, too bad the sheeple of the NRA refuse to see it that way.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,949,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Look at it this way. They are really just making the business as usual practice more visible. The owners of Global Inc seem in a big hurry.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I knew where you were going. I've had this debate so many times and I'm very, very versed on current gun law. I'm also very aware of exactly how the treaty will affect the United States directly and will stand by to refute all the chicken little posts that are sure to follow.

BTW, thanks for posting it. Good time to review the whole issue anyway.
with all the shootings around the world...

I was armed since birth.... one left and one right arm... Cheee huuu

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies