Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 02:36 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times

Advertisements

If they were on the case as undercover officers their names likely would not be mentioned publicly. Their life would be in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,437 times
A police officer that refuses to help. I expect a terrorist to terroize me, not a cop.

I just noticed that the cops were under cover......is this confirmed?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 PM

33,562 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If they were on the case as undercover officers their names likely would not be mentioned publicly. Their life would be in danger.
They may have been undercover, but were not involved in investigating the biker group that they were part of.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
I'm guessing Mexico. Or 1930's Chicago.

I was just funn'n with ya.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
For some reason, what I found more stunning was that the a-hole bikers appear to have been in their mid-30s. I will be the first to admit that in some respects I was an insufferable twit considering myself the immortal center of the universe in my late teens to early twenties, but it's supposed to be out of your system around 25, isn't it?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
LE, nationwide, has been granted far to much latitude in behavior, both on and off duty. They really think they are special, and operate by a different set of rules. It is becoming almost commonplace for cops to view citizens with contempt and disregard. Gone are the days when cops were taught to grant citizens respect and/or courtesy. They are increasingly and openly engaging in activities that they would be duty bound to arrest or cite citizens for, and a blind eye is turned or hidden behind the "blue wall".

Corruption has always been an issue with police, it is, certainly, there. But, it's not covert corruption by itself anymore. All pretense is being dropped, and cops are just running amok. The bike group in question here is based on violating the law. Street racing, stunting on public roads, harassing motorists, reckless riding, in general, and just acting like punks. How is it police officers are running with crowds like this? Are there no real standards of conduct for LEOs anymore?

They, certainly are not useless. They can be used as bad examples. Yea yea, there are hood cops out there. So, they need to stand up and start taking care of business. When brother officers are out of line, they shouldn't just turn a blind eye. Oh...wait...there's that "blue wall" again. Don't wanna be a snitch. Good way to ensure everybody is otherwise engaged if you need backup.

Some serious housecleaning needs done with LE. It's out of control and and in our faces with it. It's a monster that has been allowed a diet that makes it grow huge, and uncontrollable. It needs to be caged.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Undercover cop who stood by during biker beatdown shifted to desk duty: sources* - NY Daily News

"[A]s many as four cops cruising with the biker group" stood by and did nothing while they swarmed the SUV, beat and knifed the driver Alexian, and broke in the window where the two-year-old girl was sitting.

What good are they? We're paying them in the neighborhood of $100K per year to stand by and watch as people face risk of death, so that they don't blow their cover?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Bad JuJu all around.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
A police officer that refuses to help. I expect a terrorist to terroize me, not a cop.

I just noticed that the cops were under cover......is this confirmed?
No. Only one was.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times
Quote:
I'm guessing Mexico. Or 1930's Chicago.
No matter what - nothing remotely compares with Mexico - I get the chills just thinking about how horrible it must be there with all the corruption - I read that the police actually deliver you to the drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies