Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,430,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
The deductible amount of Obamacare ranges from $1500 to $5000. That is the amount that the individual will have to pay out of their own pocket. Why isn't anyone talking about that? Only the premiums are being mentioned. How will anyone be able to pay for that?
Routine care should be excluded from insurance. That includes basic doctor visits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 08:39 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,964,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
The deductible amount of Obamacare ranges from $1500 to $5000. That is the amount that the individual will have to pay out of their own pocket. Why isn't anyone talking about that? Only the premiums are being mentioned. How will anyone be able to pay for that?
Unless you have a so called Cadillac plan you likely already have a deductible of $1500 or more on your employer provided insurance.

So do you want people to pay something towards their coverage, or are you advocating "free" care for all? Which is it?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Routine care should be excluded from insurance. That includes basic doctor visits.
preventative care is "free". The high out of pocket expenses for other services is what pays for the "free" stuff.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,721,448 times
Republicans don't talk about high deductibles because they don't have a clue. Most of those who post here are on Medicare, Tricare, or VA along with 70 other million Americans most of them retirees. If they aren't on one of those plans then they have decent coverage from an employer. What I would like to know why if you are a Republican why would you be concerned about the high deductibles which are about $4500 on the bronze plan? Isnt that what you would want?? The ACA is going to add 1.5% to total medical costs over the next 10 years. Hardly a government take over. Medicare is a government take over. We are talking personal responsibility here. Somebody on the bronze plan will hardly be showing up at the doctors office with every little sniffle. We will leave that to people covered outside the ACA on much more expensive plans.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because we have no intention for Obamacare to ever take hold. It is dead; it just doesn't know it. One more election and away it goes. The senate had an opportunity to do this and keep their jobs but alas they did not see the handwriting on the wall.
Dang...you're having some serious dreams.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Unless you have a so called Cadillac plan you likely already have a deductible of $1500 or more on your employer provided insurance.

So do you want people to pay something towards their coverage, or are you advocating "free" care for all? Which is it?
I have a high deductible plan with $2K out of pocket before insurance kicks in.
That is better than Obamacare plans which are for people who can't afford insurance.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Republicans don't talk about high deductibles because they don't have a clue. Most of those who post here are on Medicare, Tricare, or VA along with 70 other million Americans most of them retirees. If they aren't on one of those plans then they have decent coverage from an employer. What I would like to know why if you are a Republican why would you be concerned about the high deductibles which are about $4500 on the bronze plan? Isnt that what you would want?? The ACA is going to add 1.5% to total medical costs over the next 10 years. Hardly a government take over. Medicare is a government take over. We are talking personal responsibility here. Somebody on the bronze plan will hardly be showing up at the doctors office with every little sniffle. We will leave that to people covered outside the ACA on much more expensive plans.
I have a high deductible PPO plan with a $2K out of pocket expense before insurance kicks in.

Obamacare was supposed to be for people that could not afford insurance.
If people cannot afford monthly premiums how in the heck are they going to afford the out of pocket expenses which are now not capped until 2015 ?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,954,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have a high deductible plan with $2K out of pocket before insurance kicks in.
That is better than Obamacare plans which are for people who can't afford insurance.
but most likey pay a higher premium to have a lower deductible.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,721,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People are receiving letters over the weekend, today and tomorrow telling then that their health care is ending at the end of this year.
You do know you are talking about a small percent of people who have individual health insurance. Plus they will be able to sign up for a number of other plans in most states.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
but most likey pay a higher premium to have a lower deductible.
Yeah, that's how insurance works..car, home, health.

The more you are willing to pay out of pocket the less your monthly premiums are.
I have high deductibles for all my insurance policies.

In the long run you actually save money.
I was in my previous home for 12 years and only needed insurance once during that time.
I had 12 years of low premiums though which more than made up for the one time I had to pay my out of pocket to get the roof replaced (storm damage ripped off half the shingles).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies