Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier will donate to the cause of liberty by simply ignoring ObamaCare.

They will have to drag him out of his home and forcibly move his fingers across a paper in an approximation of his signature before Harrier will ever sign up for any health insurance so long as their is a federal mandate that one have it.

Even then Harrier will sue to ensure that the forced signature is not accepted as valid.
Dont worry when and if you have to go in for medical care you will need to sign up.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM

17,474 posts, read 9,299,874 times
Nobody needs to worry about "defunding ObamaCare" ..... it is going to implode.
There is a real reason that the Obama Administration and HHS has delayed 19 provisions in the ACA law.

I think this is all film-flam/razzle-dazzle on both sides of the aisle. The ACA won't work, way too many people are against it for one reason or another and old style Politicians are worried about 2 things.

The Historic - Once it starts you can't stop it (true in the past)
The public will punish those who attempt to stop what the public want's stopped (in this particular case)

This is all Kabuki Theater for the un-educated masses. Let them try to implement ObamaCare - they don't even have a computer system that will tell anyone what they have to pay for it and just wait for when they figure out how much it costs AND that they won't have access to many doctors or hospitals.

Cruz is cashing in on the "I want to stop the ObamaCare train wreck", but you have to get on the train to find out you are headed for a wreck. Reality check ..... is anyone really paying attention to any of this after 4 years of Crisis du Jour? I think the country is become numb to this never ending Crisis.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont care.. last guy I spent money to sue, I spent $30,000 just to put him into bankruptcy.. He could never pay me the $450K judgment I won against him, nor did I expect to see it..

As I said.. somethings are more important than money..
Hey thats great just keep throwing your wallet at them.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,000,398 times
From the article:

“CBO and JCT [Joint Committee on Taxation] now estimate that the ACA, in comparison with prior law before the enactment of the ACA, will reduce the number of nonelderly people without health insurance coverage by 14 million in 2014 and by 29 million or 30 million in the latter part of the coming decade, leaving 30 million nonelderly residents uninsured by the end of the period,” the report said.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,000,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There is a real reason that the Obama Administration and HHS has delayed 19 provisions in the ACA law.

I think this is all film-flam/razzle-dazzle on both sides of the aisle. The ACA won't work, way too many people are against it for one reason or another and old style Politicians are worried about 2 things.

The public will punish those who attempt to stop what the public want's stopped (in this particular case)

This is all Kabuki Theater for the un-educated masses. Let them try to implement ObamaCare - they don't even have a computer system that will tell anyone what they have to pay for it and just wait for when they figure out how much it costs AND that they won't have access to many doctors or hospitals.

Cruz is cashing in on the "I want to stop the ObamaCare train wreck", but you have to get on the train to find out you are headed for a wreck. Reality check ..... is anyone really paying attention to any of this after 4 years of Crisis du Jour? I think the country is become numb to this never ending Crisis.
Umm, the states do: MNsure Home Page

Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Go to healthcare .gov and see the options also the projected tax credits. This will work, it turns out the conservative healthcare system will work just fine.
IT is about time the individual gets the same tax credit as Corporations.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Dont worry when and if you have to go in for medical care you will need to sign up.
The few times that Harrier needs medical care during the year(he gets a yearly eye exam and a prescription for contact lenses), he pays out of pocket.

Harrier might consider buying health insurance, but he would prefer to be able to shop out of state for the best deal, and he won't so long as the federal government tramples on the constitution by requiring that Harrier buy a product for which the purchase of ought to be voluntary.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The few times that Harrier needs medical care during the year(he gets a yearly eye exam and a prescription for contact lenses), he pays out of pocket.

Harrier might consider buying health insurance, but he would prefer to be able to shop out of state for the best deal, and he won't so long as the federal government tramples on the constitution by requiring that Harrier buy a product for which the purchase of ought to be voluntary.
That is an issue(purchase out of state-states rights ) that you need to work on in Calf. as they have state rules on health care co.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
From the article:

“CBO and JCT [Joint Committee on Taxation] now estimate that the ACA, in comparison with prior law before the enactment of the ACA, will reduce the number of nonelderly people without health insurance coverage by 14 million in 2014 and by 29 million or 30 million in the latter part of the coming decade, leaving 30 million nonelderly residents uninsured by the end of the period,” the report said.
yes, 30 MILLION uninsured and it will only cost TRILLIONS of dollars to do so... Isnt that WONDERFUL?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes, 30 MILLION uninsured and it will only cost TRILLIONS of dollars to do so... Isnt that WONDERFUL?
So way is it that you are against people getting the same tax credit which corporations get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies