Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you grade Obama?
A! 32 9.79%
B+ 18 5.50%
B 18 5.50%
B- 20 6.12%
C+ 12 3.67%
C 14 4.28%
C- 9 2.75%
D+ 19 5.81%
D 34 10.40%
F 151 46.18%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,740,899 times

Advertisements

It's funny, most of the F's here are people blaming the mess he inherited on the guy. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate and the blame for that goes to other people.

Quote:
Anyone who has savings as i do has seen it shrink shrink shrink.
I have savings and investments. They've grown nicely actually. Are you sure you're not trying to blame your failures on someone here? Personal responsibility....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,810,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
C +. But that is leaps and bounds over any of the last 4 GOP candidates offered.

McCain D-

Palin Incomplete

Romney F

Ryan D
This poll is only for Obama, and how he has done in his presidency. Leave the partisan soapbox for another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
It's funny, most of the F's here are people blaming the mess he inherited on the guy. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate and the blame for that goes to other people.

I have savings and investments. They've grown nicely actually. Are you sure you're not trying to blame your failures on someone here? Personal responsibility....
Well, I think most people are tired of hearing how everything is still Bush's fault nearly 5 years in. See above post. Some people actually blame Romney, as if he ever had a chance to do anything.

Savings have not grown a bit. Investment in equities has done well as a result of all the money printing, and RE has done well because of the interest rates being held down by said money printing. What is the total QE up to? $4-5T

The only thing Obama has to do with this, is staying out of Bernanke's way. There is always a price to pay for cheap money.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-30-2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,697,070 times
IMO Obama's first term was spent campaigning for his second term and his administration was wily nily handling issues they knew nothing about, either does he for that matter, some of his biggest bloopers is Obama Care, the stimulus and the sequestor. The second term has been spent on speaking engagements talking about all he has accomplished (HUH?) and assuring the Americans he will be passing more bills like making colleges accountable to be more affordable (HUH?)( why not do something about the actual tuition cost to students?) Obama gets a big F from me!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:38 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,697,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

I don't care about blame, as Obama and his administration has done. He is on his 2nd term...by now he should have been able to fix SOMETHING~

Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,740,899 times
Put away the emotion and take a step back. No matter if it was him or McCain in office in 2009, neither would have been able to spend the whole time campaigning. Feel free to show any data about how he did any more or any less than any other President?

The guy inherited a financial disaster, car companies dying, two wars, bin Laden on the loose, etc. Sorry, but saying he didn't do any work is just childish and inaccurate. You might disagree with some of the things he did, but to say he didn't work is silly. POTUS is a hard job with no real vacation and they all work a ton.

In terms of fixing something, are we still at war in Iraq? Afghanistan? Is bin Laden alive? Is the economy still in recession? How's the stock market doing?

Sorry but what you're saying is a load of BS.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,649,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
C +. But that is leaps and bounds over any of the last 4 GOP candidates offered.

McCain D-

Palin Incomplete

Romney F

Ryan D
I knew you didn't understand, no wonder you're a democrat... Those four amazing candidates you mentioned don't count in this poll.. OP asked sbout the prez, not about truly competent people who ran...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,649,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I guarantee every single one of the 14+ that voted for F gets 3/4 or more of their news and politics from Fox News, Fox Radio, "patriot media" aka Libertarian/survivalist media, New York Post, Wall St. Journal, etc. Me thinks that the wingers on here are far less objective than the liberals on here
Now we know, you are of far superior intelligence than anyone who gets their news from the leading news channel. If only we'd known, we would sell the TV and just give you a call when in doubt...
Comrade obama is lucky to have someone as knowledgeable as yourself to call on...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,477,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And what might i be grading him on. There has to be good performance, which i do not think there is.

On his assumptions daily talking about Hope n' Change that was coming, are you kidding me really now. What change, and for many americans i know or are acquainted with, no hope.

I just talked with a couple i know who have tried to save their home, talking to banks after banks months on in. Trying to get someone to listen. Both husband and wife lost their jobs. This is tough, when you have children. The reality is for many people i know and don't know, their reality is that of not having a job.

That was promised don't say no i still have those damn tapes of him in 2008 making many promises he did not keep, that was one of them, bringing jobs to all americans.

Small business, he has been an enemy i believe, Obama is just not business concious. I have seen too many small business fail and can't make it under this administration.

Our economy sucks. Anyone who has savings as i do has seen it shrink shrink shrink.

For the college grads i know and the one law graduate who is a young women and only can find part time work, i feel sorry for them. How they paying off their college loans.

I believe in 2008 he was groomed by the media the hollywood establishment, and anyone who bought what he was selling, which was too many.

On the fact he has not delieverd, but i do believe he meant well, is a good Father and Husband, i give him a D-. And today he still gets free passes from the media as he did in 2008. Except some have wised up.

And talk about our middle class for gosh sakes this President is their enemy, not savior.

For gosh sakes for those who want to comapre his accomplishments against any other person, is ingorant, what accomplishments. A tererible downsliding in the toilet economy, he owns this. Unemployment for so many is their everyday reality. Welfare and food stamps, Some Accomplishments. A dried up middle class due to Obama, i would not be proud of this person.

And for some please wise up, Inherieted Inherieted, show me a President who has not inherieted some sort of mess. They do not use this excuse for a poor performance 5 years later. Excuses work for so long, then oh then, most of us just LOAO right at ya. And he sure has not done a damn thing to fix what the hell is wrong either. Uusally a bullish arrogant thick headed person, is this way, it is their way or the gosh damn hwy.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,587,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Yes, I would.
me too. Putin represents Russia and the regional interests, Bozo represents himself and global imperialist Marxism.
The clown gets an F.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:16 PM

9,480 posts, read 10,839,100 times
Seventeen trillion dollars of national debt. We will never pay that off, national bankruptcy and collapse is our future. For this reason the only grade to give him is an F. Bush, Clinton, Bush sr., Reagan, Carter etc all the way back to FDR get D's for their contribution to this debt, and failure to do anything about its building. Obama has by far spent the most, but the rest of them did not help much. It wont be war, it wont be the environment, and it wont be the lack of government services that bring down this mighty nation, but it will be our debt. Our debt will bring national collapse, followed by civil unrest, possible dissolution of this nation in a violent manner. Our collapse will spread instability around the world, dictators will rise amongst the disorder followed by the war these dictators will bring word wide. All of this may occure because we cannot control our spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies