Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 02:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,335,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You're correct for once. We are number one. We are the preeminent world super power. One person I met who is from Toronto told me all about the jealousy Canadians have of Americans.
One person I met told me Elvis is alive and well and working at a 7-11 in Poughkeepsie, New York.
In any case, what do we have to jealous OF?
-----------------
Still trying to think of something? Take your time.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 08-07-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 47,996,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
BP was a natural disaster?
Almost, and it's because it involved a natural substance (oil).

Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Liberals are simply precious. Yep. It never happened.
Oh I am sure you masturbate to that fantasy just as much as you do to the idea of nuking random countries.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 47,996,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I care about both. Mittens would have done everything in his power to make the economy worse.
Liberals have given no example of whether they actually care for the nation's economy. Their postures have consistently pointed us to the contrary. Had Mitt won (and had Republicans won back the Senate), he would have steered us in the right direction jobwise.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Liberals have given no example of whether they actually care for the nation's economy. Their postures have consistently pointed us to the contrary. Had Mitt won (and had Republicans won back the Senate), he would have steered us in the right direction jobwise.
By making it easier for his buddies to outsource jobs for more profit?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times
Hillary is going to stomp whoever limps out of the GOP primary. The GOP primary will be a bunch of foaming mouthed idiots blabbering about Obama. Will they realize that Obama is term limited?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:10 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,758 times
Quote:
You're correct for once. We are number one. We are the preeminent world super power. One person I met who is from Toronto told me all about the jealousy Canadians have of Americans.
And I bet you sleep better at night when you think of that.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear how you would handle Iran.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 PM

234 posts, read 184,853 times
What America is pining for is an emperor! A democratically-elected one sure, but still, they want their American Buonaparte. Too bad Perot and Paul only had that Corsicans physical proportions and not his brilliant maneuvering skills... Or a 21st Century Teddy Roosevelt, ready to bear the brunt of the world's heathens with his re-inforced Rough Riders unrolled, applied and ready! Sadly, all we have now is a Woodrow Wilson redux in office and let's hope Michelle won't have to handle that last year in office.

You may think that is jest but it is not. Americans want a kindly, over-reaching American knight to swoop in and make everything better no matter the cost. Look at Mr. Obama's elections! He rode on in on his horse like Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles except these days half the town of Rock Ridge wants vengeance wreaked on the other half, so only the followers of the premier Howard Johnson dare whisper the N-word to indicate the new presentation of authority in that besieged frontier town that America should see itself as. Yet somehow traditional America just has no one available to saddle a horse and grandly parade around D.C. as they should. Maybe that says something about those living nebulously in the past?

I'm certain everyone implying another 4 years of the Obama sherifdom extended in 2016 think it will be handled by Hilary Clinton. Maybe. Though no matter any forthcoming revelations concerning all these scandals, Americans will find a way to blithely see past them. As with those who blame Bush for ruining something already ramshackle and teetering over a cliff, they equally have no issue with how 'their' sheriff has not repealed the PA II, or reigned in the NSA or done anything really but look gorgeous and talk incessantly about how important it is that everyone have corporate-mandated, state-regulated unaffordable HC in their lives. Well, that and inject himself into events that have nothing whatsoever to do with him, like the Martin-Zimmerman case. But Mr. Obama is a populist and you get what you want in the end just as Americans got what they wanted in y2k.

But Americans are not Europeons, in that they refuse to put on that happy complaisant face mask because they have been instructed on how much better they have it. Americans like to adhere to that claim too, then whine about how it is eroding due to things they refuse to do anything about. Hypocrisy goes hand-in-hand with American exceptionalism ever-so proudly!

Has it occured to anyone that whomever 'wins' the next American presidential game show that it won't matter? That none of that matters as it is all just one huge distraction served up daily like a soap opera? Or are Americans too proud or too blind to accept the obvious? How would a rallying banner change anything?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
Quote:

Old 08-07-2013, 03:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Should be interesting, but uneventful. When cornered, her response of "What difference does it make?" will end the discussion, no matter what the subject matter is.
And why do you introduce the President's color into this? Too bad Hillary isn't black. You'd have a double dose of overjoy.

Like, really, what difference DOES it make that Obama is half black/half white. I really thought he had something solid to offer.
No it won't. Notice how all of the populace didn't rise up and froth at the mouth at 'what difference does it make'? It was obvious she was goaded into it by RWNJ zealots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies