Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,403,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not much to be surprised about here really.
That you would start yet another thread about abortion/PP? Nope. Not surprised in the least.

You start them here. You start them in the Religion threads. I'm half expecting one to pop up in Gardening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM

23,660 posts, read 17,620,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Apparently, you can't read a url. a "blog" on a real news site, is still a real news site.

Lifenews is not a news site, nor is it a credible one.

I guess you never heard of Editorials either.

They were spot on right with the Gosnell atrocity when other "real hard news" sites ignored it. If you don't like them or think they lie then go tell them.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That you would start yet another thread about abortion/PP? Nope. Not surprised in the least.

You start them here. You start them in the Religion threads. I'm half expecting one to pop up in Gardening.

If PP was selling the remains of dead aborted babies to gardening centers for fertilizer you bet I would.

You really don't need to read them though but here you are again, you must be interested since you can't stay away.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,298,668 times
Quote:
They were spot on right with the Gosnell atrocity when other "real hard news" sites ignored it. If you don't like them or think they lie then go tell them.
Even they weren't "spot on" . since they attributed Gosnell as what all abortion providers are like. That is not "real hard" news; that is propaganda.

still want to explain why you put Abortion in the title of this thread, and why your lifenews site continues to lie, when the PP in question didn't provide abortion services and that the "fraud" had nothing to do with abortions?

Old 07-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You really don't need to read them though but here you are again, you must be interested since you can't stay away.
It's not that. It's to combat the willful ignorance, lies and rhetorical nonsense that you continue to post about PP and abortions.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,374,625 times
Quote:
when the PP in question didn't provide abortion services and that the "fraud" had nothing to do with abortions?
So you admit there was fraud?

/end of argument since that's what the thread is about.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you admit there was fraud?
Notice my quotes around fraud. That means its alleged. there is no evidence provided that there was any except for the claims of an anonymous "whistleblower".

Since there WILL be no court case for this, we don't know if the claims are true.

Quote:
/end of argument since that's what the thread is about.
No, its about the constant lying by certain anti-choicers/women haters who continue to spread rhetoric, and when called out on it, they change the subject. The thread started off with a LIE right in the title.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Planned Parenthood Staffer Pleads Guilty to $100,000 Check Forging Scheme

Planned Parenthood Staffer Pleads Guilty to $100,000 Check Forging Scheme | LifeNews.com

"It’s no surprised that a Planned Parenthood accountant would have a history of theft given that the abortion business has been found to have defrauded taxpayers and the federal government."

Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,403,300 times
Quote:

you must be interested since you can't stay away.
Yep. Always checking. You chose to put "abortion" in the title of the thread knowing it would get attention, after all. You could have chosen "Whistleblower in Texas". I'd have ignored that thread.

I'm VERY interested in anything that would deny us our rights as guaranteed by law. (Which is the agenda of the anti-choice. I find that frightening. You should too if you like living in a free country.) An informed citizenship. Can't have a democracy without it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-26-2013 at 06:00 PM..

Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM

17,660 posts, read 9,425,018 times
Quote:
Instead of the hyper overblown BS twist from a known anti-abortion site, its best to get the NEWS from a REAL news site, of course, ABORTION wasn't even the issue: it was for medication, medical procedures that were overcharged or never given, or couldn't be covered under medicaid.

Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast pays $1.4m for Medicaid overcharges | Trail Blazers Blog

Once again, the Anti-women and anti-choicers have TO LIE in order to spread their propaganda.
You are going to believe the word of the Abortion Clinic that paid $1.4 Million when they claimed they never did anything wrong ..... I'm going with the Texas AG that managed to get a payment out of them. To each his own - people believe what they choose and what their Ideology forces them to believe. I tend to go with the Law.

Quote:
since the PP in question wasn't doing abortions (it provided health care to women and men), care to explain how this applies?
Well oops! Maybe you didn't know about this thing called the Internet - you look up Planned Parent Gulf Coast and find out all about how they advertise their Abortions.
Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast

Quote:
This was ONE clinic, who has claimed that the allegations are not true.

Since there is NO court case to hear both sides of the story, we will never know if the allegations are true or not.
Didn't you even read the link you posted? This absolutely points to fraud in the original statement and then PPGC came out with a later 'blah blah" statement to try and walk that back. You trust a blog and PPGC - I'm going with the Texas AG that managed to get back $1.4 Million.
Quote:
ORIGINAL POST 11:07 am: Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, which provides wellness exams and contraceptive care for low-income women, improperly billed the state for services not performed and has agreed to a $1.4 million settlement, that Attorney General’s Office announced.

The fraudulent billing was uncovered through a whistleblower lawsuit, prompting an investigation by the attorney general and Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s Office of Inspector General.

The investigation found that Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast improperly billed the Texas Medicaid program for products and services that were never actually rendered, not medically necessary and were not covered by Medicaid, according to the attorney general’s statement announcing the settlement.
Federal dollars are not supposed to be paying for Abortions. Many States (like Texas) also exclude State dollars and Medicaid dollars (Medicaid is a State program) for Abortions. The Whistle blower in the case against Gulf Coast Planned Parenthood claimed that GCPP was performing Abortions and then billing Medicaid for other services to cover the cost of the excluded Abortion.

That's how Abortion got into this thread - they were doing a run-around to get Taxpayer money to pay for the Abortions. I'm in favor of "clinics" that provide health care for women who can't find a doctor they can afford - I can even accept 1st Trimester Abortions for women who can't or don't want to raise a child. I can't accept this Abortion Industry that advocates for Abortions right up to the delivery date, this Industry that will turn their eyes from Butchers like Gosell, this Industry that only puts it's clinics in Urban areas with a lot of medical facilities to maximize income from their abortion business, while ignoring areas where the women have no medical facilities at all.

Most of all ...... I can't abide the LIES and the Political Ideology of this idiotic "War on Women" to gain votes, money and power for Political Ideology. Abortion has become an Industry and makes a lot of money - that's really the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies