Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times

Advertisements

Michael Eric Dyson suggests more white kids need to die in order for Americans to understand racism - YouTube

This is MSNBC. This is liberalism. These are the voices dictating the discussion on 'race'. Disgusting, despicable, and irresponsible.

Maybe we Conservatives and others who have common sense and decency, need to do what the Left does. Maybe we should be the ones, this time, going after the advertisers for MSNBC. This type of filth is on there night after night, day after day. How on Earth do advertisers see this and think, yeah we have no problem supporting this?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
I'm listening now & I'm anxious to see how accurate your summary is...

Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
To say that the way "we" feel about 9/11 is how they feel about race.....My God. Who is "we". I didnt know 9/11 brought out a strong feeling in everyone except black people.

And the white kids need to die comment. Please explain what that means. Sounds like a threat, a wish. And white kids do die. Plenty. But what he fails to mention, is more black people are killed by black people than this white on black crime he dreams up.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,059 times
No, he's saying that it's difficult to truly understand racism unless it's your own children who are being hurt. He certainly is not advocating for any children to be harmed. What a backwards reading of a fairly straightforward message. Your lack of comprehension skills is astonishing.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
willing to bet the OP has twisted his words like a pretzel, not going to bother to view it, I'll let others be the guinea pigs

Old 07-15-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
No, he's saying that it's difficult to truly understand racism unless it's your own children who are being hurt. He certainly is not advocating for any children to be harmed. What a backwards reading of a fairly straightforward message. Your lack of comprehension skills is astonishing.
Really? What the hell does that have to do with white people?? Is it OUR fault blacks kill blacks so often? Oh, I know thats not what he meant. He is suggesting that white on black crime is some epidemic. The hell it is!

And it sure sounded to me like he believes unless more white kids are killed, we'll never get past race.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
I'm curious, is Obama a White Black or a Black White? (Since leftists call Zimmerman a White Hispanic)

Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Michael Eric Dyson suggests more white kids need to die in order for Americans to understand racism - YouTube

This is MSNBC. This is liberalism. These are the voices dictating the discussion on 'race'. Disgusting, despicable, and irresponsible.

Maybe we Conservatives and others who have common sense and decency, need to do what the Left does. Maybe we should be the ones, this time, going after the advertisers for MSNBC. This type of filth is on there night after night, day after day. How on Earth do advertisers see this and think, yeah we have no problem supporting this?

And you don't fail to disappoint.

MED: How do you explain the affects of racism to people who can't experience it? Compare it to something that they did experience that was emotional for them -- 9/11 in his example. How do you convey what it's like for a culture to deal w/ constant loss of young life? You ask the other group to imagine losing that many of those they care about to something tragic & senseless.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm curious, is Obama a White Black or a Black White? (Since leftists call Zimmerman a White Hispanic)
Which one would they tell their daughter not bring "him" around anymore...

Old 07-15-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
And you don't fail to disappoint.

MED: How do you explain the affects of racism to people who can't experience it? Compare it to something that they did experience that was emotional for them -- 9/11 in his example. How do you convey what it's like for a culture to deal w/ constant loss of young life? You ask the other group to imagine losing that many of those they care about in something tragic & senseless.
How the hell is racism like 9/11? Two completely different things.

and he said:

"Not until and unless the number of white kids died that approximate the number of blacks and other kids die, will Americans see...."

You left that part out. Wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies