Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I've already explained it and provided a link. You refuse to explain your position.
My position is simple. And it agrees with history. Clinton did a better job than Dubya. MUCH better.

And I never voted for Clinton. I did vote for Dubya - the first time only.

Quote:
You are what is wrong with America. You know you are wrong, but since he has a D next to his name like you do, you play stupid.
Stupid is making unfounded, blind assertions. Like that one.

Step down off yer soapbox and take that chip off yer shoulder. You look ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Ha, all those stupid liberals blaming Bush for things that happened when Obama takes over...

Let's go blame Clinton for all the things that happened during Bush's presidency.

Then one has to blame Bush 1 and then Reagan, and Carter and then Ford and then Nixon and then LBJ and then JFK and then......

Until now, I never realized the U.S. was a dictatorship

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Face it, GWB was a horrendous president. He inherited an economy at the peak of its powers and turned it into an economic meltdown.
All bubbles eventually bust.

No reason to risk not being reelected, when one can kick the can into the future and let it land on someone else's watch.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your own chart showed that revenues climbed after the 2003 tax cut
Just about the time when the housing bubble took off and speculation drove the economy.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,522,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Wrong (once again.) This is from the transcript of Bill Clinton's 2008 Democratic Convention speech, where you said he claimed credit for 40 million jobs:

Clinton claimed the official BLS figure.

If that is true, isn't the opposite argument also true? The right-wing blames Obama for not creating enough jobs. If "jobs are created in the private sector, not by the executive branch of government," then how is that criticism valid?
Well, it was another speech he claimed the 40 million then. Doesn't change the fact that there were simply were not 22 million people added to the workforce. And I said "I believe" that is where he said it. I didn't say it as fact. But go ahead and say I did anyway. lols.

Presidnet Obama campaigned on creating jobs. His stimulus was gonna create jobs. Cash for Clunkers was gonna create jobs. If he doesn't want the blame for no jobs he shouldn't have said he was gonna create them in the first place.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Eight years of peace and prosperity. Yeah, you're right.

The Clinton years sucked.

Peace? lols.

Somalia
Iraq
Afghanistan
Bosnia
Kosovo
Sudan
Herzegovina

Just a few of the countries that we bombed when Clinton was President.

That is what passes as peace? lols.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Well, it was another speech he claimed the 40 million then. Doesn't change the fact that there were simply were not 22 million people added to the workforce.

Presidnet Obama campaigned on creating jobs. His stimulus was gonna create jobs. Cash for Clunkers was gonna create jobs. If he doesn't want the blame for no jobs he shouldn't have said he was gonna create them in the first place.
I like how the left wingers non stop find excuses about how Obama not creating new jobs, isnt his fault, nor his responsibility, and about how Obama isnt responsible for deficits and spending that he signs into law, but Clinton, he's to credit for "surpluses" that didnt exist, and new jobs that were created..

Bunch of hypocrites.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM

5,718 posts, read 6,473,168 times
Quote:
1) Granting permanent most favored nation status to China for trade. The result has been increased trade deficit and increased outsourcing. Clinton viciously attacked anyone who claimed what did happen would happen. Even some liberals are now recognizing this damage.

3) Enacting NAFTA with bipartisan support. Many people feel as if this hurt the economy and made many Mexican farmers unemployed, some of which moved here.
These were very "free market capitalist" ideas. Liberals and unions at the time went insane over it and said Clinton threw them under the bus.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Peace? lols.

Somalia
Iraq
Afghanistan
Bosnia
Kosovo
Sudan
Herzegovina

Just a few of the countries that we bombed when Clinton was President.

That is what passes as peace? lols.
Compared to the 12 Bush years, yes indeed.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Compared to the 12 Bush years, yes indeed.
Clinton sent troops into more countries for military action than all other Presidents combined.

We were basically in constant war while he was in office.

Plus, he kept the sanctions on Iraq when he had 8 years to lift them. Guess he agreed with both Bushes.

Anyone that thinks the Clinton years were peaceful is a moron or ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies