Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,211,724 times

Advertisements

Obama hates God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama hates God.
Integrating schools = hating God, Thanks for clearing that one up

Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,314,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
News is reporting that in Obama's recent speech, he called Catholic schools divisive. What happened to religious freedom? Oh, that's right, the government thinks citizens don't have rights any

more.Obama offends Catholics in the UK, says religious schools are divisive - BizPac Review
A) This was northern Ireland, you know, the place where there have been religious wars for centuries.
B) Churches are not sacred cows.
- Might want to look at the abuse of pregnant girls and women by the church;
- Might want to look at the number of pedophiles in the same church. You know, protected child rapists.
C) Politics in other countries are not the same as politics in the US.

Catholics should be offended by their behavior.
Catholic schools can be divisive; I know, I attended for 12 years.

Nice poutrage, though.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,314,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I think ALL religion, whether its in a school or not, is divisive. However, as long as a religious school is not funded by tax dollars I see no problem. Maybe its me, but the Christian right does get offended easily. I get the point Obama was trying to make. I doubt he'll be eliminating Catholic schools anytime soon.
But he was making it about another country.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,576,434 times
Catholic schools recommend a blistering condemnation of his party's 'more tax dollars equals better education spiel' which has been a total crock since he was born.

He and his union buddies whine all night and day about schools being 'underfunded', but whatever revenue increases they get almost always wind up going to juicing the pensions of civil service workers, and that's not exactly a secret.

Catholic schools frequently spend 50% or less per student compared to what a public school does, with substantially better results; it was his party which destroyed the public schools here in Los Angeles 30+ years ago, a trend that spread nationwide with predictably disastrous results.

As long as Democrats refuse to take on the teachers unions, our schools in most states are going to continue to pump out millions of uneducated kids with little hope for a really productive life, while illiteracy nationwide continues to soar, and Asians continue to flood our best universities, as evidenced by the fact that approximately 40% of the 2011 freshman classes at Stanford & UCLA (and undoubtedly at many other academic powerhouses from coast to coast) were of Asian descent.

IIRC, he demolsihed a very good voucher program in DC solely at the insistence of the local teachers unions, and his 'response' to the recent strike threat in Chicago was as wimpy as you can get; his party's blind support for unions continues to be asinine and indefensible, but good luck getting them to change their mindset.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Catholic schools recommend a blistering condemnation of his party's 'more tax dollars equals better education spiel' which has been a total crock since he was born.

He and his union buddies whine all night and day about schools being 'underfunded', but whatever revenue increases they get almost always wind up going to juicing the pensions of civil service workers, and that's not exactly a secret.

Catholic schools frequently spend 50% or less per student compared to what a public school does, with substantially better results; it was his party which destroyed the public schools here in Los Angeles 30+ years ago, a trend that spread nationwide with predictably disastrous results.

As long as Democrats refuse to take on the teachers unions, our schools in most states are going to continue to pump out millions of uneducated kids with little hope for a really productive life, while illiteracy nationwide continues to soar, and Asians continue to flood our best universities, as evidenced by the fact that approximately 40% of the 2011 freshman classes at Stanford & UCLA (and undoubtedly at many other academic powerhouses from coast to coast) were of Asian descent.

IIRC, he demolsihed a very good voucher program in DC solely at the insistence of the local teachers unions, and his 'response' to the recent strike threat in Chicago was as wimpy as you can get; his party's blind support for unions continues to be asinine and indefensible, but good luck getting them to change their mindset.
Except we are talking about Northern Ireland. Do get back on topic.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Do you have a link to substantiate your allegation ... or did you just copy/paste remarks from one of the 'we hat America' weblogs? I wonder.

I wonder because what I see being reported is different than your allegations and the remarks were made in Northern Ireland about the historical differences between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland:

Source: Obama: religious schools block lasting peace in Northern Ireland : News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Let's see the link supporting your allegation so that we can view what you say has been said was 1) actually said, and 2) learn of the context in which the remarks were made.

“If towns remain divided—if Catholics have their schools and buildings and Protestants have theirs, if we can’t see ourselves in one another and fear or resentment are allowed to harden—that too encourages division and discourages cooperation,” the US president said.

US President undermines Catholic schools after Vatican Prefect praised them - SCO News

A lecture to Protestants and Roman Catholics about divisions from the divider in chief?

I can't speak for the Irish, but if there's one thing Protestants and Roman Catholics here agree on it's Obama's obvious disdain for the First Amendment and his inclination to divide Americans.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,424,673 times
He has no clue what hes talking about regarding Ireland. He needs to shut up and go back to arming terrorist in foreign conflicts so he can say he had no idea they'd wanna kill Americans 10 years down the line because history never repeats itseld ...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,136,536 times
Bring in nation wide high discipline army style schools and separate gender... 12^ you'll be good to go....problem solved....oh, toss all computers, assignments , and inside...not even library stuff. As a C...I'm sure that will be just fine. Call it whatever. How about...Finishing School, the last straw.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:47 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,305,883 times
The United Kingdom, of which Northern Ireland is a part, has state funded religious schools. The “Catholic schools” that Obama referred to are not private schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies