Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Maybe private schools (a la sidwell Friends) should go as well. Public education should be good for all. Those darned private schools with their selective admissions should be eliminated to end divisions in our society.
I agree, private schools should be abolished, as they only create elitism and division.

The money would be better spent improving the state system, those with the funds that don't like it can push off to Somalia - the land of the free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama hates God , anyone who opposes him and he teaches division.
Unless you can prove this, it's simply a rectally-inspired fiction.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and he was educated much of his childhood in private Muslim schools? How does he explain that one? I just can't understand where he gets his ideas and I can't believe we have to spend 3 plus years more listening to him. At least the last year, he will probably just sit back and be quiet or he won't still be running anyway, unless he is running from the law or something...I never thought I would feel this way about our President. It really makes me sad.
Much of Obama's education did not come from attending private Muslim schools. While in Indonesia he attended a Catholic school and a government run school. In the government school most of the students where from Muslim families which is not surprising in a Country that is predominately Muslim. The government school was not exclusively Muslim, nor was the Catholic school exclusively Catholic.

Contrast that to Belfast, where only 5% of the schools are integrated. 95% of the students attend schools based on their religious background. The schools are intentionally segregated; no mixing of Protestants with Catholics.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope - only liberals like President Obama and "Reverend" Wright say "G_ D_ America".

Real Americans of faith say this:

Heal Our Land JFS Vid - YouTube
The lyrics of the Song.

If my people will humble themselves
Humble themselves and pray
If they seek my face and humble themselves
And turn from their wicked ways
I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins
I will hear from heaven and heal their land

So if God's people humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways then God will forgive their sins and heal their land.

But what if my their actions God's people demonstrate that they haven't humbled themselves and haven't turned from their wicked ways. God's people should not expect or seek God's blessing when the continue to engage in actions that God would condemn.

The song is expressing one of the same messages that Rev. Wright delivered in his "Confusing God and Government" sermon. Particularly the part of the sermon that you referenced.

FWIW: Rev. Wright was not calling on God to punish America for its sins or failures.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
Your self pity is amazing.

He criticized the school. He didn't say the school shouldn't exist. He criticized.

Now he's an enemy of religious freedom?

The hyperbolic pity party of the Christian Right never ceases to amaze.
Welcome, newbie!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and he was educated much of his childhood in private Muslim schools? How does he explain that one? I just can't understand where he gets his ideas and I can't believe we have to spend 3 plus years more listening to him. At least the last year, he will probably just sit back and be quiet or he won't still be running anyway, unless he is running from the law or something...I never thought I would feel this way about our President. It really makes me sad.
First off he didn't spend much of his childhood in Muslim schools so you are lying to start. Secondly, you think its sad we have a President that believed in integration (because THAT is what his comments were about), you want someone instead that beliees in segregation? Is that what you are stating?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times

Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 AM

The topic of the thread are segregated schools in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is not part of the of Untied States, therefore U.S. Constitutional issues don't apply.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,533 times
Barack Obama married Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama has spoken out against fast food. Fast food is grown by farmers. Farmers tend to be religious. Therefore Obama hates God.

Proved.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The topic of the thread are segregated schools in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is not part of the of Untied States, therefore U.S. Constitutional issues don't apply.

"US rules apply to the entire world." = right winger logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies