Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, because we would be living in a utopia in the states with no government, which would be impossible to do because something else would just take its place.
No government? It amazes me how the left goes to "extremes" when describing others who don't agree with them. No one is saying they don't want government they want smaller government. Big difference between no government and small government. There is a big difference between your big government and small (reasonable sized) government. Why anyone would want big government is beyond me. Unless of course you are Obama who wants unlimited power over the people and our country.

Even the left admitted that government has become to big to manage. It was used in their excuse as to why Obama claims he doesn't know anything about anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, because we would be living in a utopia in the states with no government, which would be impossible to do because something else would just take its place.
Why do you extrapolate the poster's comments to this outrageous conclusion?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
No government? It amazes me how the left goes to "extremes" when describing others who don't agree with them. No one is saying they don't want government they want smaller government. Big difference between no government and small government. There is a big difference between your big government and small (reasonable sized) government.
I think we can even replace the word small with several other alternatives:

efficient, beneficial, honest, all come to mind.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
"We the persons . "- Newspeak
Ever notice how Government employees overuse or improperly use the term, "myself" during the course of their work?

"Lt. Ricky and myself apprehended the victim for further abuse."

I think it is indicative of a certain mind wiring fraud.

"Person" is a construct.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Ever notice how Government employees overuse or improperly use the term, "myself" during the course of their work?
Yes.

Yes I have noticed that.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Yes.

Yes I have noticed that.
Artificial objectification of the subjective?

But why?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I think we can even replace the word small with several other alternatives:

efficient, beneficial, honest, all come to mind.
Agree... efficient, beneficial, honest. Obama's big government is none of those, it is abusive and deceptive and certainly isn't efficient.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
The government has nothing to fear unless they are guilty. Sounds funny, but many have been saying the people have nothing to fear if they aren't guilty when the government snoops into what we do. What is good for the people is certainly good for our government. Government should never be above the people, but OF the people.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When my dad was in Vietnam, several pilots got real upset that they had just killed villages with many civilians. A massacre from the air at the hands of these godly men.
They took it to the higher levels like protocol says to do. They were transferred. The Air Force is a big family and you make buddies with a lot of your squadron members. They all stay in touch with each other.

They could not find these 3 pilots, or their families after transfer.

That is why Snowden HAD to go someplace else to tell the truth.
and i can agree with this sentiment, but china? if he wanted to go somewhere to leak the information, a better place would have been brazil instead, chiefly because brazil currently has no extradition treaty with the US, and therefore snowden wouldnt have to worry about moving around and keeping a low profile. but a secondary reason is that brazil isnt one of our enemies.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 AM

742 posts, read 678,590 times
OP is right. While a lot of people have already suspected and have seen the news of spying of admitting sources in the past years confirming suspicion-while some sources tried to hide and deny it, bringing it to attention of the general public is what was needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have mixed feelings about this. i agree that snowden did expose the governments over reach, and that is a good thing. however he exposed it in china, and chances are he is talking to the chinese government about the NSA program, and that is a bad thing.
China has knew about the spying for years, they have accused the US of it, look to past articles on the matter.
Nothing new. Doubt he's just giving out any more info that they don't know as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies