Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,786,309 times

Advertisements

Jeb Bush touts family-focused, 'fertile' immigrants as economic boon - NBC Politics

Speaking to religious conservatives Friday, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said that welcoming immigrants to the United States will be an economic boon because they are hard-working, family-oriented and “more fertile.”

“Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population. Immigrants create an engine of economic prosperity."

Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,515,045 times
What I 'heard' as I listened to Jeb Bush speak in the linked clip, and I think he spoke well, is that he was essentially endorsing immigration reform and was making the case why it was necessary for our nation to sustain itself and prosper in the future. He called acceptance of the immigrants as a Conservative idea/history.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,379,362 times
The new Bush doctrine :

We will allow millions and millions of Mexicans into the U S and they will breed and populate and expand the economy with 8 to 10 dollar a hour servcie jobs. And since there are more of them the Mexicans will be supporting SSI and Medicare of the baby boomers. This is the Bush fix for SSI and Medicare.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,837,432 times
Jeb Bush is quite racist and let's not forget that a Bush is the one who crashed the economy on this unlimited cheap labor but highly fertile immigration.

Mexico is doing better without it's irresponsible baby-makers who start having children they can never afford at age 14, you don't see Mexico trying to bring them back. Mexico knows having it's most illiterate and impoverished leave and crank out babies in the US at US taxpayer expense is a very good deal.

Virtually all births to illegals are at taxpayer expense, virtually no illegals bothered to pay into a good health insurance plan before cranking up their baby factories.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,379,362 times
Maybe the Mexicans will not stay in the {D} party for long but form a third party and in the platform it will state they do not want to pay for the white mans broke a$$ social programs. They might want to start fresh which is a good idea.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,134,069 times
Hey should know, his lovely wife (and I mean that sincerely) Columba, a Mexican national by birth, did provide him with three lovely children.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,765,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jeb Bush touts family-focused, 'fertile' immigrants as economic boon - NBC Politics

Speaking to religious conservatives Friday, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said that welcoming immigrants to the United States will be an economic boon because they are hard-working, family-oriented and “more fertile.”

“Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population. Immigrants create an engine of economic prosperity."
He and his brother and father make me sick. Their whole clan are absolutely terrible. I never thought anyone could be worse than Bush jr but Obama proved me wrong.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,962,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
He and his brother and father make me sick. Their whole clan are absolutely terrible. I never thought anyone could be worse than Bush jr but Obama proved me wrong.
Don't get me started on Obama, but child...God helped us all when he jinxed that McCain/Palin nutjobs. Oh lordy...thank ya kindly.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,784,816 times
Quote:

My God! He called Immigrants Fertile. What an outrage! How dare he refer to someone as having the ability to reproduce!

Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,555,498 times
Quote:

Are they not more fertile?

fertile is not a bad word..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies