Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:35 PM

792 posts, read 2,878,543 times

Advertisements

"It’s not that I don’t want to go after terrorists – or rapists or murderers or any kind of terrible criminal. It’s that I want to go after them, not the rest of the law-abiding citizens that are out there. It's a great invasion of our privacy."
Rand Paul
Yahoo News interview: Rand Paul says NSA phone records seizure saps Obama

In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous? ow.ly/lKS13 — Al Gore (@algore) June 6, 2013

Anyone else notice that libertarians and liberals have a lot in common when it comes to the government trampling American's freedom?

Maybe the difference that will really matter for future generations will turn out to be this: Are you an American who values freedom, or an American who doesn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,860,449 times
Trust me, people like you don't need excuses.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trust me, people like you don't need excuses.
Man, you try to start a thread to discuss something meaningful and the first post is just ad hominem and innuendo. Put up if you can, EG.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
One can hope. Maybe that leaker can leak some more to the Guardian and really give Americans enough fodder to question what the hell is going on.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,860,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
Man, you try to start a thread to discuss something meaningful and the first post is just ad hominem and innuendo. Put up if you can, EG.
I'm, putting your argument in place.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,395,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
"It’s not that I don’t want to go after terrorists – or rapists or murderers or any kind of terrible criminal. It’s that I want to go after them, not the rest of the law-abiding citizens that are out there. It's a great invasion of our privacy."
Rand Paul
Yahoo News interview: Rand Paul says NSA phone records seizure saps Obama

In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous? ow.ly/lKS13 — Al Gore (@algore) June 6, 2013

Anyone else notice that libertarians and liberals have a lot in common when it comes to the government trampling American's freedom?

Maybe the difference that will really matter for future generations will turn out to be this: Are you an American who values freedom, or an American who doesn't?
This is all part of GOP Scandalpalooza 2013. NONE of these programs are new, or started under Obama- he just perfected the art.

These spy programs were passed by congress and signed into law by the last three presidents, left and right. No one in DC (or the country, really, since they are our elected, and re-elected reps) has clean hands.

The wailing and clutching of pearls by the GOP is FUNNY, considering how their man Bush and his team initiated a lot of this stuff.

There is word that Prism foiled a dirty bomb plot. Obama made a good point today- you can't be absolutely free, AND absolutely safe.

We have to be adult about this stuff-harder for some than others.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,716 times
How can this happen. The liberal media is in his pocket, Hollywood is in their own world with their millions of dollars. Obama is there today grubbing for money again.

I don't think Hollywood represents the rest of us do you?

Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
This is all part of GOP Scandalpalooza 2013. NONE of these programs are new, or started under Obama- he just perfected the art.

These spy programs were passed by congress and signed into law by the last three presidents, left and right. No one in DC (or the country, really, since they are our elected, and re-elected reps) has clean hands.

The wailing and clutching of pearls by the GOP is FUNNY, considering how their man Bush and his team initiated a lot of this stuff.

There is word that Prism foiled a dirty bomb plot. Obama made a good point today- you can't be absolutely free, AND absolutely safe.

We have to be adult about this stuff-harder for some than others.
Obama made a sophistic point to mollify the weak-minded. Surely there's a lot of ground between being at the mercy of terrorists and collecting the telephone records of the entire population.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:56 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,629,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One can hope. Maybe that leaker can leak some more to the Guardian and really give Americans enough fodder to question what the hell is going on.

One would hope but I doubt it....you would think the IRS scandal would **** us off enough..but guess not.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
One would hope but I doubt it....you would think the IRS scandal would **** us off enough..but guess not.
No and actually I was not surprised to see so many comments cheering the IRS on and saying these conservative groups deserve extra scrutiny because they don't like paying taxes.

It's all part and parcel of keeping us divided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies