Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
This is an extraordinary post. One of the worst ever on this forum. This kind of person is so wrong on so many levels. Depressing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- because the left is very fascist and want to shut down all debate and opposing views, the liberals are fully backing the government spying on citizens.
Now you see, I would say that the post above qualifies. The most extreme conservatives have NO desire to unite - only to divide as evidenced above.

Truly, there is no hope for this country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM

264 posts, read 281,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Now you see, I would say that the post above qualifies. The most extreme conservatives have NO desire to unite - only to divide as evidenced above.

Yes, it's such a great country on so many levels, but conservatives (which are the minority) are filled with so much anti-American hate. I hope they can resolve their anger and join us again in this beautiful country.

The US is starting to thrive again, time to get on board and find happiness!

Best to all...

Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,956,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
How can this happen. The liberal media is in his pocket, Hollywood is in their own world with their millions of dollars. Obama is there today grubbing for money again.

I don't think Hollywood represents the rest of us do you?
When did Hollywood become the Fourth Branch of US Government...Odd.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,287,230 times
Quote:

Riiiiight.

Guy called somebody a TRAITOR for placing value in privacy over illusory security ("to keep us 'safe'"). I called out his post. And somehow that makes me an "extreme conservative??" How do you know what my values are? Is the American Civil Liberties Union composed of "extreme conservatives?"

There truly is no hope if we're branding people who value privacy TRAITORS now, and other people who think traitor is way too strong as "extreme conservatives."

Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When did Hollywood become the Fourth Branch of US Government...Odd.
In 2009. Obama likes the Bollywood crowd. Just look at the invites to his WH parties.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,287,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Yes, it's such a great country on so many levels, but conservatives (which are the minority) are filled with so much anti-American hate. I hope they can resolve their anger and join us again in this beautiful country.

The US is starting to thrive again, time to get on board and find happiness!
It'll be even more beautiful once the Utah facility is up and running. And even more beautiful after that when surveillance reach and efforts and technology expand another five years from now, then ten years from now and so on. Perhaps the government can one day administer said happiness.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:48 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
"Can Obama's spying unite left and right?"

So far he has done a pretty good job, Mark Rubio, Saxby Chambliss and Lindsey Graham to stand behind the President's policy.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Anything that erodes trust in government is good. Let the truth continue to flow.
True -- but with so many dependent on the government for everything they have, even for the food they eat, far too many trust in the government completely. Some liberal told me yesterday that I shouldn't care if they're reading my emails and messages or listening in on my phone conversations because if I'm not doing something wrong then I don't need to worry.

The big government liberals are very much in favor of their big government spying on us. They know Obama is shutting down all opposing viewpoints -- the liberals want just that. They are all in favor of one-party rule and dictatorship.

Anyone with half a brain can see that this has nothing to do with terrorism or homeland security -- the same administration that wouldn't followup on a warning from Russia about known terrorists living here and traveling to learn how to make bombs, is going after American citizens.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:

The problem with you liberals is that the only unity you believe in is what Obama dictates unity must be. We must all be radically pro-abortion, pro open borders, in favor of more welfare handouts, more globalist trade, anti-Israel, pro-Islamic states, adding many trillions of dollars to the national debt so the government can spend much more, and so on.

When you think of it -- Hitler promoted unity. So does Obama -- what he doesn't want is any diversity in thought so he sics the IRS after those who don't march lockstep with him and his liberals.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
If I disagree with the administration then I'm either a killer, racist, traitor or have no compassion for the poor.
There's no middle ground with many today. It's my way or the highway and that includes both sides.

The moderate middle class is slowly being wiped out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies