Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,169,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The hate accusation is typically used when liberals are unable to defend their positions on issues with logic.

The accusation serves it's purpose by ending the intelligent debate liberals cannot participate in.

Same-sex marriage and abortion are popular indefensible issues for which liberals use the hate accusation to avoid being shown to be wrong, inconsistent or simply bigoted by their own standard.
Actually, while the argument against abortion has some merit, the argument against same-sex marriage has none. It's completely defendable by the fact that there's no valid reason as to why not.

Deflection, as you are attempting here, is the ultimate action in regards to an indefensible argument. It seems you have gotten yourself into a foolish dilemma here. Ironically, recursive.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The hater. By their hateful behavior.

It's not complicated.

Just to add on to this obvious answer, hate is determined by one who judges.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Actually, while the argument against abortion has some merit, the argument against same-sex marriage has none. It's completely defendable by the fact that there's no valid reason as to why not.

Deflection, as you are attempting here, is the ultimate action in regards to an indefensible argument. It seems you have gotten yourself into a foolish dilemma here. Ironically, recursive.

Deflection?

File your baseless accusation of deflection away with the baseless accusations of hate.

As for same-sex marriage, why should government use its power to make laws to normalize homosexuality by instituting same-sex marriage when homosexuality is obviously not normal by any reasonable definition of normal?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,516,371 times
Quote:

As for same-sex marriage, why should government use its power to make laws to normalize homosexuality by instituting same-sex marriage when homosexuality is obviously not normal by any reasonable definition of normal?
I want government out of my bedroom. I also want government to approve my intimate, homosexual relationship.

I want government to stop regulating a woman's body. I also want government to provide women with birth control and abortion.

Typical Liberal Lemmings want less government control over social "issues" by giving control of social issues to the government.

Liberals are smart as turnips. Which aint too smart.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Deflection?

File your baseless accusation of deflection away with the baseless accusations of hate.

See, you're wrong and you keep deflecting this to be about a discussion about something else as a result.

The government should stay out of people's lives. Let them do what they want. We don't need nanny laws saying it's allowed or disallowed. Homosexuality is not normal. But it is a fact of life and occurs across several species in nature. It's not wrong.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,531,525 times
So much for gay marriage will do nothing to you. Just shut down your business, etc, etc, etc.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Deflection?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because it is right there in the US constitution?

14th amendment sec. 1
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;... nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So much for gay marriage will do nothing to you. Just shut down your business, etc, etc, etc.
No, the baker deciding to break the law is causing his legal problems, not SSM.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
The hate accusation is typically used when liberals are unable to defend their positions on issues with logic.

The accusation serves it's purpose by ending the intelligent debate liberals cannot participate in.

Same-sex marriage and abortion are popular indefensible issues for which liberals use the hate accusation to avoid being shown to be wrong, inconsistent or simply bigoted by their own standard.
They also use the words hate and bigotry if one dares object to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Why was the baker wrong who didn't want to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, but the baker who didn't want to bake a cake for a child name Adolf Hilter gets praised?

Jack Phillips, Denver Baker Who Refused Wedding Cake To Gay Couple, Defends His Stance

Little 'Adolf Hitler' Denied Birthday Cake at New Jersey Grocery Store | Fox News

I realize that both stories are old, but the father of the kid named Adolf showed up in court today dressed in a Nazi uniform. Yeah, I think he's a nut job all around, but as an American I'll defend his right to be a nut job.

It's whatever way the wind blows for the liberal idiots in this country. They are like children mentally, if they see it on TV they believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.