Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,863,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
^^

Unless those of your political stripe think that they can score points on the opposition, of course.
I have no idea what you are alluding to.

What Rosen was reporting was not political.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,713,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy View Post
I am shocked that NBC News is reporting this. Even the NYT’s is ticked off that DOJ used an espionage law from 1917 to go after a journalist. Holder is the man who refused to prosecute voter intimidation. He is unfit for office and needs to be in jail and needs to turn in his resignation. This is the worst in ethics violations. The warrant was signed by him under the guise that Rosen might be a "possible co-conspirator" in violation of the Espionage Act.

Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says - Open Channel

A law enforcement official has told NBC News that Attorney General Eric Holder is the one who signed the search warrant for the private emails of Fox News reporter James Rosen.
Not to worry, Obama has tasked Attorney General Holder with investigating himself.

Holder to Investigate -- Holder...

President Obama is a little uneasy with the way journalists have been dragged into the Justice Department’s aggressive pursuit of national security leak investigations. In fact, he has ordered Attorney General Eric Holder to conduct a 45-day review of the department’s guidelines on the issue.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
The people at the DOJ would have to be investigated by, guess who, the DOJ.

This runaway department has refused to carry out its legal obligations in the past up to the present, do you really think that they will find fault with themselves?

As for this warrant, any bets that it is "lost" in the original and some phony copy is presented?
Its been published by the third branch of our government who retained copies of the signed warrant.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,584,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Its been published by the third branch of our government who retained copies of the signed warrant.
I am certain that you believe everything that the government, especially this admistration that currently runs it, is 100% factual and that they would never "mislead" you.

It's wakey wakey time.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,584,984 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you are alluding to.

What Rosen was reporting was not political.
Yet it has been turned political by the actions of this administration. Why do you think this is? Could it be because if the actual facts come out it would look bad for Dear Leader?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I am certain that you believe everything that the government, especially this admistration that currently runs it, is 100% factual and that they would never "mislead" you.

It's wakey wakey time.
Then you know very little about me.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,128,902 times
Quote:
Conversely, I am certain that you believe everything the government, especially this administration, is 100% false... thus crippling you from anything vaguely resembling a reasoned conclusion worthy of serious consideration by anyone else.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,059,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Conversely, I am certain that you believe everything the government, especially this administration, is 100% false... thus crippling you from anything vaguely resembling a reasoned conclusion worthy of serious consideration by anyone else.
Coming from the guy who looks for any way to defend this Admin no matter what.
Next, you'll defend Holder for lying to Congress about this case, if he indeed signed the warrant.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Yet it has been turned political by the actions of this administration. Why do you think this is? Could it be because if the actual facts come out it would look bad for Dear Leader?
What actions by the administration concerning the Rosen case are you referring to?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,075,436 times
Quote:
I think exposing the fact the the CIA had source inside North Korea is a valid National Security issue.

Read more: NK's Post UN Sanctions Plans, Revealed - Fox News

What's more, Pyongyang's next nuclear detonation is but one of four planned actions the Central Intelligence Agency has learned, through sources inside North Korea, that the regime of Kim Jong-Il intends to take -- but not announce -- once the Security Council resolution is officially passed, likely on Friday.
Yeah I'm sure nobody ever imagined we had sources in other countries that contact the CIA. What a shocker!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies