Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:06 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And a a judge just said the DOJ was justified.

Regardless of your opinion of if a law is good or bad, it is still the law.

and please, if there was something there, the GOP would have jumped all over it. Arent you wondering why the GOP isnt focusing on this ???
Selective enforcement of the law is always bad. Witness not at least investigating the voter intimidation at the polling places, the lack of enforcement of immigration laws so that this administration can try to put its own views into law.

The DOJ, under its current leadership, is totally partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you are correct then the Judge failed to practice good "Due Diligence". There was no overiding requirement for the judge to sign the warrant immediately. There was no threat to public safety.

The Judge can claim a "mulligan", but Holder followed procedure.
So it is the judges fault that the DOJ violated the law?

What kind of thinking is that?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez
Federal officials complained of political manipulation and a media conspiracy in an election year.

The administration has also blocked critical coverage, closed broadcasters, sued reporters for defamation, excluded those it deems unfriendly from official events, and harassed with the help of government allies and state-run media critical journalists. The result is that key issues Chávez’s health, rising unemployment, overcrowded prisons, and the condition of Venezuela’s vital state-run energy sector—are not receiving in-depth,

after-years-of-assault-venezuelas-independent-pres.php

Did we really think Hugo was going to lose the last election?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I don't recall a lot of classified information being exposed during Watergate. Have you read the warrant? What is asserted in the warrant is way more than " meet and ask questions."
Correct me if I"m wrong, but wouldnt the fact that they broke into the office of their opponent be considered "classified", and thus leaked to the public?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
This case has nothing to do with James Rosen "investigating the Dear Leader".
^^

Unless those of your political stripe think that they can score points on the opposition, of course.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So it is the judges fault that the DOJ violated the law?

What kind of thinking is that?
When was the ajudication that the DOJ violated any law??? The topic is Holder signed the Warrant.

So when was anyone at Justice indicted and convicted in any wrong doing to date???

You just can't make stuff up.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 AM

382 posts, read 588,700 times
This guy needs to go. If Obama keeps him on, it shows he is just giving jobs to his hood rat friends.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When was the ajudication that the DOJ violated any law??? The topic is Holder signed the Warrant.

So when was anyone at Justice indicted and convicted in any wrong doing to date???

You just can't make stuff up.
The people at the DOJ would have to be investigated by, guess who, the DOJ.

This runaway department has refused to carry out its legal obligations in the past up to the present, do you really think that they will find fault with themselves?

As for this warrant, any bets that it is "lost" in the original and some phony copy is presented?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Did Eric Holder lie in Congressional testimony last week? « Hot Air

Quote:
In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material. This is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy.
Keep in mind, he was UNDER OATH when he said this. He belongs in jail

Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Correct me if I"m wrong, but wouldnt the fact that they broke into the office of their opponent be considered "classified", and thus leaked to the public?
I understand why the Nixon Administration would want to classify their illegal political activities as top secret. I don't see any similarities between that and the CIA wanting to keep secret the fact that they had a high level source in North Korea with knowledge of North Korea's intentions for their Nuclear program.

While I see a value in the press exposing the Nixon Administration's illegal campaign tactics; I don't see the value to the United States in having Rosen publishing the non-political fact that the CIA had a source within North Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies