Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 AM

382 posts, read 589,825 times

Advertisements

To all you anti gun nuts, why should we do away with the 2nd amendment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,806,304 times
I think we should stick with what the Founding Fathers intended!

Every land-owning white guy can have as many muskets as he wants.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 AM

11,152 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think we should stick with what the Founding Fathers intended!

Every land-owning white guy can have as many muskets as he wants.
That would mean limiting our military to muskets as well. There may end up being a problem when they have to face an enemy carrying modern firearms....

Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,135,824 times
We shouldn't. Who has proposed this nonsense?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
We should eliminate the 2nd Amendment because guns frighten me and only our protectors, the police and the Army, should be armed. Guns are only used by evil people to hurt me and my friends. Without evil firearms available to anyone but the authorized government agents we would all be safer. In a proper society even the police would not need guns and never have to carry any. Guns scare me.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We should eliminate the 2nd Amendment because guns frighten me and only our protectors, the police and the Army, should be armed. Guns are only used by evil people to hurt me and my friends. Without evil firearms available to anyone but the authorized government agents we would all be safer. In a proper society even the police would not need guns and never have to carry any. Guns scare me.
And doing away with the 2nd Amendment scares me.

You certainly live in la-la land, you do realize that the bad guys will still have guns right?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,007,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post

You certainly live in la-la land, you do realize that the bad guys will still have guns right?

You must have missed the sarcasm. Greg is a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

And no it should not be repealed!!!! If it is you can kiss the rest of the Bill of Rights goodbye, because what is to stop the government from growing further?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,466,956 times
I support gun control, and I am a gun owner.

I don't see how any mention of gun control and fanatics scream about repealing the second amendment.

Who exactly is asking for repeal of the second amendment, and why exactly is one persons opinion so threatening that you wish to take away their first amendment right of free speech because of it?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 AM

11,152 posts, read 10,732,613 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post

We really need to petition the moderators for a sarcasm font, don't we?

Sorry, eRayP, but you were caught by GregW's tendency toward using ridiculousness to make a point. Don't worry, it's happened to all of us at one time or another.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 AM

3,411 posts, read 3,456,801 times
Quote:
Your utopia really worked out well in london yesturday. Bad guys had a gun and knives and meat cleavers. They had to wait 20 minutes for the armed cops to show up, the closer ones were unarmed and stayed away till help could make it there. The 2 guys could walk around with weapons in their hands and not have to worry that any of the many people around them could be threats to them because they knew no one was armed, exceipt them. I wonder how they got a gun?

Ah sarcasism.... You really need to let us know.. Theres plenty around here who actually believe what you wrote.

Last edited by mike0618; 05-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Dry sense of humor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies