Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 AM

382 posts, read 588,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Boo-hoo, you can't own an assault weapon in California if you didn't get it registered when you had the chance....guess you could always move to Texas.
And a lot of compnays are. Beretta, Colt, Magpul. All and more are moving, many to Texas. Lets see how places like CT like loosing jobs. For every job that one of the manufactures move, several support jobs are killed. LOL Lets trot out the sandy hook dog and pony show and see what they can do for those familys. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 11:13 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I live in California, and they've outright banned hundreds of weapons that just 1 year ago were legal. They also removed the grandfather clause. We now have millions of law abiding felons here.

Don't ever say something won't happen, especially when it's happening all around you.
Boo-hoo, you can't own an assault weapon in California if you didn't get it registered when you had the chance....guess you could always move to Texas.
There was no chance to get them registered. In 1989 Los Angeles County banned numerous firearms that were legal just the day before. Millions of Californians went to sleep as law-abiding citizens, and woke as criminals the next morning. I was among them. There was no registration, no grandfather clause, nothing. Until those banned firearms were turned over to law enforcement, you were a criminal.

That left millions of Californians with three choices:
  1. They could turn their now banned firearms over to law enforcement immediately; or
  2. They could keep their now illegal firearms and remain a criminal; or
  3. They could leave and take their firearms with them.
Taking into consideration that fewer than 1% turned their banned firearms over to law enforcement, I would say that the last two options are what most Californian gun owners opted for. Personally, I opted for the latter option and moved to Alaska, with my firearms, in 1991. It was the best move I ever made.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There was no chance to get them registered. In 1989 Los Angeles County banned numerous firearms that were legal just the day before. Millions of Californians went to sleep as law-abiding citizens, and woke as criminals the next morning. I was among them. There was no registration, no grandfather clause, nothing. Until those banned firearms were turned over to law enforcement, you were a criminal.

That left millions of Californians with three choices:
  1. They could turn their now banned firearms over to law enforcement immediately; or
  2. They could keep their now illegal firearms and remain a criminal; or
  3. They could leave and take their firearms with them.
Taking into consideration that fewer than 1% turned their banned firearms over to law enforcement, I would say that the last two options are what most Californian gun owners opted for. Personally, I opted for the latter option and moved to Alaska, with my firearms, in 1991. It was the best move I ever made.
Well it does sound like Alaska is a good fit for you based off past posts.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Go for it!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
And a lot of compnays are. Beretta, Colt, Magpul. All and more are moving, many to Texas. Lets see how places like CT like loosing jobs. For every job that one of the manufactures move, several support jobs are killed. LOL Lets trot out the sandy hook dog and pony show and see what they can do for those familys. LMAO
Okay....though I think the economy in CT is going to be just fine.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
They would be better off in Alaska.

We have the raw materials they need. Everything from the world's largest lead and zinc mine, to the molybdenum they need to make stainless steel. We also have the nitrates, sulfur, and carbon needed for gunpowder, certainly more than Texas. And Alaska is the perfect location for an international hub. Europe, Russia, and Asia are much closer to Alaska than any other State, especially Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies