Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 06:23 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,477,094 times

Advertisements

Also:

Republican Crusade Against Birth Control is an (Unconstitutional) Exercise in Denial

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

The battle to ban birth control - Salon.com

And then there's the Republican jihad against the HPV vaccine. Some GOPers want to deny it to young women, even though many of them would develop cervical cancer as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I thought LA had public power (LADWP). At least it did when I lived there.
It does.

Are you trying to say that public power companies can't be corrupt?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:33 PM

The 4th one is from a left wing propaganda site so I will ignore it - how do you lefties believe such nonsense?

I will address the first three.

The claim was that legislation "attacked' reproduction.

Those three have nothing to do with reproduction - the legislation concerned abortion.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The 4th one is from a left wing propaganda site so I will ignore it - how do you lefties believe such nonsense?

Those three have nothing to do with reproduction - the legislation concerned abortion.

Abortion is about reproductive rights.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Abortion is about reproductive rights.
No - abortion is mostly about irresponsibly killing the life that one willingly created.

The only exception is in the case of rape - a very small percentage of abortion "causes" and not something that the "pro-choice" people usually mention when falsely calling abortion a "reproductive rights" issue.

Another very minimal cause is when the mother's life is in danger.

The vast majority of abortions involve a man and a woman who willingly engaged in sexual relations and then decided to be irresponsible and not man and woman up to the responsibility that comes with such actions - being the parents of a new human life.

Abortion = running away from engaging in reproductivity - usually in the most cowardly, irresponsible, and dispicable way possible - choosing to let an innocent human life whom you helped conceive have its brains sucked out of its head.

Shame on you for supporting such a horrible thing and then trying to minimize the horror by mischaracterizing it as "reproduction".

Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
No - abortion is mostly about irresponsibly killing the life that one willingly created.
that is your misinformed and highly ignorant opinion.

Reproductive rights is about not limiting the woman's right to choose what is BEST for her, and you busy body nobodies have no right to dictate what a woman can or can't do with her own body.

shame on you for passing off your opinion as fact.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,345,342 times
Quote:

Well, Hot Damn! Now abortion has nothing to do with reproduction?
What can you expect from a guy who wants to marry his cat and refers to himself in the third person?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,218,127 times
Quote:
I was in downtown L.A. yesterday and overheard someone asking another person who they thought would win the mayoral election, and that person respondd by asking "we are having an election today?"

I suspect that the "L" in liberal stands for "low-information voter".
Rush Limbaugh should sue you for copyright violation

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,477,094 times
Quote:
It does.

Are you trying to say that public power companies can't be corrupt?
No, but the earlier post referred to power companies, plural, as in private ones. I don't know why private power companies could, or would, have any political sway in L.A., since the city's power is city-run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies