Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 09:05 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,120,271 times

Advertisements

From "The Minority Report"

TX Abortion Heroine Lied About Being a Single Teen Mom… | The Minority Report Blog

"Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that “I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old,” when in fact she was divorced at age 21.
Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.
“My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful."

Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,852,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
From "The Minority Report"

TX Abortion Heroine Lied About Being a Single Teen Mom… | The Minority Report Blog

"Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that “I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old,” when in fact she was divorced at age 21.
Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.
“My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful."
thats why i tell you to stop putting politicians on pedestals. you always do that with republicans, like they are the second coming. davis is like every other politician, which is why i dont donate to any of them.

now take my advice about not donating and use it with your republican party.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,972,526 times
dont vote for her.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,524,960 times
I'm not a Wendy Davis supporter, but it should be pointed out that city council elections in most Texas cities, including Fort Worth (and possibly all, I'm not sure) are non-partisan.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,971,140 times
Someone else posted a thread on the same topic, earlier, today:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ose-truth.html

Old 01-20-2014, 09:31 AM

68,411 posts, read 54,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
fixed.

the entire forum is filled daily with threads where someone is trying to make some kind of point or promote some agenda

if your only bothered by threads that are "right wing" then you are part of the problem
I've stated my opinion any number of times that both parties pretty much suck. But I see far more instances of the right claiming some inherent moral superiority than I do the left and that's just pure, unadulterated hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies