Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,269,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are making a lot of assumptions.

I heard 1 Congressman say that the emails were brought to Congress and ONLY the members of 1 committee, I don't re-call w2hich one, were allowed to read them. They are ALL unclassified. They could read them and takes notes but, NOT copy them.

Why do you think they were NOT allowed to make copies of unclassified info?
And, so are you sir/madam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,317,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama was going to be the most transparent president ever. He has repeatedly had to be a deceptive president.

Why won't he release the emails from the first two days? It seems like those would be the most critical to determining what happened? As Obama says:

Obama Speaks... - YouTube

President Obama, what are you hiding in these tapes, errr... emails.
Nothing President Obama does will satisfy conservatives.

conservatives had those emails months ago. ABC didn't read the emails. conservatives lied about the emails and there still is no scandal.

conservatives have no shame, there were dozens of embassies and consulates attacked around the world when GWB was President and Democrats didn't attempt to attack GWB over one of those incidents.

Yet, conservatives have stooped to lying and making stuff up about Benghazi, things that have been refuted by Military Leaders, Petreaus, and the CIA.

conservatives in June of last year were howling and demanding that military leaks be investigated. They wanted an independent special prosecutor named to investigate these leaks.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Release all the info and lets getbto the bottom of it. My God, if this info would help them, they would've released it. It clearly hurts them, not helps them. That's the ONLY reason they keep it hidden. Quit playing stupid just to defend this Administration as you hacks do over and over.
I wouldn't put it past this administration to have doctored the emails, sent them to the republicans, then came out with the "original" ones crying to the press "see what the republicans did!!!!". I mean, it certainly wouldn't be below them to do something like that.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-17-2013 at 08:17 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 07:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,496,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Classified information, secret or top secret, need to know basis.
No, stop. Top secret exchanges aren't done through emails like that. Everything on those email servers where they communicate is subject to FOIA. Stop with the maddening lies already.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:54 PM

26,721 posts, read 15,278,178 times
Release the Tapes!

As our president says, those that aren't transparent have something to hide.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM

59,555 posts, read 27,717,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
And, so are you sir/madam.
How? I know what I heard and repeated it.

"Chaffetz said that the State Department would allow congressional investigators to read the emails only under the watchful eye of executive branch personnel — the investigators could not copy the documents for their private review."
http://washingtonexaminer.com/rep.-c...rticle/2529812

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-17-2013 at 01:35 PM..

Old 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,500,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They hand picked the emails they wanted to release, what a JOKE.
Like most of us with a brain, could not see thru this crap. Anyone person who excuses these latest scandals by THIS WH, are dispicable, in not wanting to find out the truth. Save the bull.

When one entity's power to be is so very strong, and convincing it is the kind of power, that can come back and kick you in the ass!

When you feel your above the laws, you get a nice hard blow.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM

342 posts, read 572,922 times
Honestly who cares? I mean, the only reason that this is even a vaguely big deal is because the GOP was running out of things to say to try and help Romney win the presidency so they decided to say that Obama knew about the attacks on the consulate and supported terrorism. This is a complete non-issue and the country should just move on already because we have bigger issues to deal with.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,637,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You guys are like birthers (If he would just release his BC, this would all go away. Okay, NOW if he would just release the long form BC this would all go away. Oh, he did? Well, if he would just.......). Like birthers, you decided at the beginning that this was a SCANDAL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS, and having reached your conclusion before the dust even settled, there is and never will be anything anyone could say or show you that would ever convince you otherwise.

Go on, you can admit it. We all know it anyway.
I really think that ~ we need a few more hearings. Who's with me?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,838,803 times
Yes, absolutely. More hearings are needed on this. And hopefully, umbrella usage can be included in the same hearings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies