Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why don't you move to Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
Make anti-sodomy laws constitutional which would effectively kill gay marriage.
Plowing full speed ahead into the 17th century!
Nicely done!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,852,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have one thing for you to consider. I understand you are the child of immigrant parents. You seem to favor limiting immigration. I want you to really think about that.
It never gets to that critical of evaluation for them, despite their origins, they think even the current stock of legal immigrants are undesirable...

Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It never gets to that critical of evaluation for them, despite their origins, they think even the current stock of legal immigrants are undesirable...
It is a sad mentality of "I got mine, so forget everyone else".

Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 AM

67 posts, read 68,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What would you do?

How would you do it?

Why would you do it?

Will post my list tomorrow, must clean my AR15, eat, and sleep...
The restoration of America is not a new conversation. It's been an opposition party catch phrase for decades.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM

67 posts, read 68,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Stop QE
Limit welfare
Put discipline back in schools
Limit immigration
End farm subsidies and institute some protective tarrifs
LOL. Thanks for the laugh

Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
You can never go back. There is no restoring.
It's learning to adjust and adapt to a changing environment.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:11 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,391,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Cut all foreign aid and get out of the UN let them wine$dine at THE HAGUE ....quit getting involved in foreign wars...Term limits on Congress to keep things fresh and power lobby free...10% flat tax so everyone can pay their fair share and the government to live within their means....repeal of the HC Law and restructuring of SS Medicare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Stop QE
Limit welfare
Put discipline back in schools
Limit immigration
End farm subsidies and institute some protective tarrifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is a sad mentality of "I got mine, so forget everyone else".
Are you guys out of your ******* minds?

It's like a ship that is FULL - do you want to let even more people on board until the ship sinks? Is that the brilliant strategy of the bleeding heart mind? I seriously think, and with all due respect, some of the people that think like this are mentally insane.

Your strategy is basically like the Lennon song, open borders and anyone from anywhere has a right to BE HERE. Has it ever occurred to you how utterly insane that line of thinking is?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,646,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
I think America is generally doing pretty well right now. With the country generally becoming more socially liberal people are able to live there lives in relative peace, though we still have a ways to go.
In short; I don't think America needs restoring. Obama to some extent has gotten us back on track and I see no sign of us regressing at this point.
Economy is seeing hope, most people I know are able to save a little bit of cash, and in general things look better than they did in say 200
Let's just hope we stay the hell out of Syria.
You are one of those who pays no attention to what's going on if you think obama has done anything that benefits this country. He has done everything in his power to bring the country to it's knees, and he is succeeding. That worthless communist b@stard needs to go if this country is to survive..
Pay attention, it's people like you who have their head in the sand, that is allowing him to do his damage..
Wake up before we are living in a communist country, which is exactly what obama is aiming for....

Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,447,267 times
I think I'd just give it a light sanding, and hit it up with some Rustoleum.

Should be good for a couple years, even out in the elements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies