Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,366,333 times

Advertisements

So as far as new gun laws go, you're way way outside the window.
Find something else to bawl about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 02:41 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,807,304 times
I've never successfully seen anyone make the case that expanding background checks on almost all sales is going to grab guns.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,458,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Find something else to bawl about.
I'm sure it's only a matter of days before another gun nut goes off on a rampage. But that's the price we pay to protect the freedom of a 5 year old to shoot his 2 year old sister with a cartoon character emblazoned rifle.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,716,373 times
Well, today at the Bush Airport in Houston, a lunatic fired a couple of shots into the air, then one into his head. The first report was the shots were fired by an elf. Some dodo typist left the "s" off "self inflicted". I LMAO.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Well, today at the Bush Airport in Houston, a lunatic fired a couple of shots into the air, then one into his head. The first report was the shots were fired by an elf. Some dodo typist left the "s" off "self inflicted". I LMAO.
They've been sniffing the wood glue at the north pole.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM

8,909 posts, read 5,407,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I'm sure it's only a matter of days before another gun nut goes off on a rampage. But that's the price we pay to protect the freedom of a 5 year old to shoot his 2 year old sister with a cartoon character emblazoned rifle.
Soon this will be "a long time ago."

Sounds like many want to protect the freedom to be a crappy and irresponsible parent by attempting to place blame on anything besides the parents.

Sorta like some people blamed a crappy Youtube video a long time ago .......

Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,489,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Yup, freedom does have its price. Love it or leave it, but not try to change it!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM

382 posts, read 591,698 times
The BGC would not have stopped any of the shootings the press is bitching about. That girl who stood up at the press conf. with Kelly Ayotte and whined about Why don't you care about my mother. was nothing but a lame attempt at a loaded question. When did you quit beating your wife. Why do you hate children. I am sorry facts not in evidence.

If I were KA I would have said, I am sorry about your mother and all the people who are victims of violence, no mater what weapon or if no weapon is used, its the crime that is the thing that is to be hated, not the object used in the crime. If we passed this bill it would not have stopped any of the shootings we are all outraged over. Not one. So even if this bill were law before Newtown it would not have changed one thing that has happened to you and the rest of the family's victimized by Adam Lanza.

So this bill is a feel good bill that even many liberals say will not do much to stop crime. I am interested in doing substantial things that will help identify people who will commit these crimes and not in limiting the rights of law abiding citizens of this country.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,490,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Yup, freedom does have its price. Love it or leave it, but not try to change it!
Saying this in relation to a five year-old inadvertently slaughtering his two year-old sister is easily one of the most revolting things I have ever read on this forum. You should be ashamed, if you had any to begin with.

This exemplifies the sense of many mainstream people that those on the far right are tone deaf and lack basic compassion.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,489,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Saying this in relation to a five year-old inadvertently slaughtering his two year-old sister is easily one of the most revolting things I have ever read on this forum. You should be ashamed, if you had any to begin with.

This exemplifies the sense of many mainstream people that those on the far right are tone deaf and lack basic compassion.
I'm not saying it in relation to a 5 year old accidentally killed. She was not slaughtered either.

It was geared towards the protecting freedom part he had mentioned.

Do you even know how many people died so we can have this freedom? Do you know how many people will die if these freedom got taken away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies