Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times

Advertisements

I think this Benghazi episode will prove to ruin her chance of successfully running in 2016. I think she booted it, and used her injury to stall questioning. Since then, she has suggested that everyone should just move on, which only makes it worse.

Even if she is innocent of any wrong doing, her actions afterwards make her look guilty. The Republicans will be unmerciful in crucifying her.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So the president did not know his UN ambassador was headed for talk shows and further did not know what she was going to say. So that means he is out of touch and incompetent
I assume Obama knew Rice would appear on the shows and that her comments would reflect the latest U.S. Intelligence reports. Her comments did reflect the latest reports.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
When are people going to stop backing D's and R's? The sheeple effect is rediculous! Both sides are taking us for a ride, so wake up!
Wake up to what? No third party has accomplished doodley squat in 150 years, and none of the present show any more promise that those of the past.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
For the life of me, other than admitted politics, why are we still discussing Benghazi? Our embassy was attacked, some people lost their lives, we probably should have had better security. Is there anything else to discuss? It's not like the place was in downtown Boca Raton and the attack was a surprise.

Hillary will run in 2016. Probably win. Politicians on both sides of the isle will continue to serve themselves. The little people will pay the bill.
You have to be kidding.
The white house (exactly who, will remain to seen) failed to protect and provide support for an embassy under siege. Ready to just let it go, and move on? Not me.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, I think Issa is just having another Witch hunt party that should be given the recognition it deserves. The ARB did a good job in an actual investigation of the event.

So if they did "a good job", why is it that the witnesses contradict many of thier conclusions?

Are the diplomats just liars? If so, why?

Even a blind man can see that there was a cover up that was ordered from the White House. It is just a matter of time before the actual truth will come out. Will Hillary or Obama "hang" over this? I would bet that Hillary, upon returning for testimony, will tell the truth and roll over on Obama.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Tell Obama to read CNN then and stop blaming youtubers for the attack.
Did they legalize marijuana in your state? Post my quote where I'm blaming youtubers for the attack? I believe that was Susan Rice, but I'll wait for you to find my post where I did.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think the president had no Knowledge that his UN ambassador was headed for talk shows and the president had no clue as to what she was going to say. So he would be incompetent and out of touch
Where was the "commander in chief?" They can scrubbed him like they did the talking points.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM

286 posts, read 331,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Yes, and she'll win if the best the GOP can do is field someone like Ron Paul or even Marco Rubio. The GOP is playing with "B Team" and Hillary is "A" Team with the credentials to match.

Look, I think until all investigations are complete its premature to start assessing any blame for what happened in Benghazi. Who is to blame for what occurred?

1. The terrorists and cowards that murdered Ambassador Stevens.

What is known that there was little security in the consulate that existed in Benghazi. Ambassador Stevens knew that and nevertheless elected to visit the consulate. He took other risks as well. He wanted to show the Libyan people, that as America's representative to that country, he wasn't afraid to get out and meet with political leaders. He accepted the idea that being a diplomat to some countries entails certain inherent risks. What happened to him is a tragedy, but its not unlike a soldier in Afghanistan being killed in the line of duty.

The only issue here is whether the State Department could have been more forthcoming about what happened. Based on Rice's statements it appears that she was either given bad information or directed to embellish what happened. I would like to know which is the case. This is not to be confused with the idea though that we could have prevented Steven's death. We had no military forces in the area that apparently were capable of responding to the situation in Benghazi quickly enough to have made a difference. No one who gave any statements to the media was under oath or participating in a legal proceeding. There is no question of criminality being involved. If there was dishonesty here, its not the kind that anyone can go to jail for.

Finally, its difficult to not view this in political terms when one realizes that:

1. The House of Representatives is controlled by the GOP;
2. Hillary Clinton is a top contender for the democratic presidential nomination in 2016;
3. Many people inside the GOP would love to tarnish Hillary's image for fair reasons or foul;

Who wants to bet that this "investigation" won't be completed until after November 2016?
If Ron Paul had picked a side: Rep or Dem, he would be president right now

All the GOP has to do is nominate a half white/half Mexican nominee and they'll win

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I assume Obama knew Rice would appear on the shows and that her comments would reflect the latest U.S. Intelligence reports. Her comments did reflect the latest reports.
Only the US intelligence was so woefully uninformed because the rest of the world had concluded by that Friday before it was a planned terrorist attack.

And then Rice went on CBS telling the President of Libya he was wrong and that it was the movie outrage and not an attack.

Turns out the President of Libya and the rest of the world were right and the US and their great intelligence network was dead wrong.

And you call 2 security agents "substantial security" ? Stevens had 3 more but only 2 were stationed at Benghazi.

9/18/2012:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-premeditated/
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi last week was not premeditated, directly contradicting top Libyan officials who say the attack was planned in advance.
Rice’s account directly contradicts that of Libyan President Mohamed Yousef El-Magariaf, who said this weekend that he had “no doubt” the attack was pre-planned by individuals from outside Libya.
“It was planned, definitely, it was planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago, and they were planning this criminal act since their arrival,” Magariaf told CBS News.
But Rice said there was a “substantial security presence” at the consulate in Benghazi, noting that two of the four Americans killed there were providing security.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
“It’s 3 a.m., and your children are safe and asleep,”. “But there’s a phone in the White House, and it’s ringing.” something's happening in the world. It's the Benghazi consulate and they are under attack. But he's got a Vegas fundraiser in the morning and I'm not concerned about the lives of American people, it's more important that I raise more money so he will call back.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.