Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM

600 posts, read 660,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's not about impeachment or resignations - it's about the truth for the families of the victims and the American people. You may think it's fine for a President and Secretary of State to lie to the American people and/or cover up their role in the refusal of security before the event or possible refusal to send aid to the station during the attack, but I think the truth needs to come out. If it was no big deal and the Administration did all it could, why not just release everything now and let the people testify? I'd love to find out that the Administration is blameless here, but at this point I don't think that's the case. Otherwise, why stonewall?

Just because you like this President does not make it okay to overlook wrongdoing. I liked Bill Clinton, but the man lied to everyone and got disbarred for it. What Clinton did paled in comparison to what his wife and possibly (most likely) Obama did. Even what we already know is damning. It just makes me so angry that he heard about the attack and then delegated it to Panetta and never once contacted him again that night! We've had bombings at other embassies over the years, but this is the first ambassador killed since 1979. It's a BIG F**KING DEAL!
so you value an ambassador's life over that of any other American serving at the same diplomatic post

shame on you!

and your accusations of lying by the president or the former secretary of state are thus far baseless!

you really need to get it together!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There will be NO terrorist attacks on Obama's watch.
They are making sure of that.

Ft Hood..workplace violence
Benghazi...movie outrage
Boston...lone wolves learning from the internet
Priceless ! I had not thought of it that way....lol

Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There will be NO terrorist attacks on Obama's watch.
They are making sure of that.

Ft Hood..workplace violence
Benghazi...movie outrage
Boston...lone wolves learning from the internet
regardless; its pretty safe to say that Obama won't come close, when it comes to Americans being killed by terror attacks on his watch, to that 'Happy Texan' who was our last president!

recognize!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
...snipped....Diplomats and other State Department personnel serving overseas know that there is a risk that comes with their jobs, particularly when serving in volatile locations. unless there is evidence of gross malfeasance or other negligent wrong doing on the part of the administration , republicans should shut their mouths and not politicize an attack on an American outpost (especially when they voted to cut funding for State Department security )!
You make it sound like it is okay to die while serving in volatile locations, remember they ask for more protection, repeatedly....is that not allowed ? What about the denial for decent security personnel....is that not gross malfeasance on the part of the State Dept under this presidents watch....? You are the one who is blind and niave. There is much blood on the hands of the people involved in this cover up and it will come out someday. maybe not in our lifetime but, the truth will out.

Quote:
From the Daily Beast Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast

In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Lamb responded, "No, sir.".”

Recall that Lamb is the person who denied requests from the top diplomatic security officer in Libya to retain a 16-man team of military personnel who had been protecting diplomats.

That would seem to be the end of the story."
You need to get your statements in line with the truth. Yes the budget was cut but, according to all testimony, Libyan personnel, who ran at the first shots, were being trained and the State dept wanted to stay with them.....money could have been found to beef up security, according to the testimony. Please read something other than a liberal rag....

I thought the same thing about shutting the mouths of people trying to make political hay over a national disaster, such as the camping out of the liberal media in the Conneticut shooting tragedy. I have never been more embarrassed and ashamed as I was of the 24/7 coverage by the national media. I have to say, what little I saw of it, Fox News conducted themselves with more dignity and thoughtfulness than any other outlet.
Then the administration jumps on the bandwagon to further their agenda about gun control....what an opportunity ! The bodies of those children were not even cold before the drum beat commenced.... a shameless display of political haymaking.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
You make it sound like it is okay to die while serving in volatile locations, remember they ask for more protection, repeatedly....is that not allowed ? What about the denial for decent security personnel....is that not gross malfeasance on the part of the State Dept under this presidents watch....? You are the one who is blind and niave. There is much blood on the hands of the people involved in this cover up and it will come out someday. maybe not in our lifetime but, the truth will out.

You need to get your statements in line with the truth. Yes the budget was cut but, according to all testimony, Libyan personnel, who ran at the first shots, were being trained and the State dept wanted to stay with them.....money could have been found to beef up security, according to the testimony. Please read something other than a liberal rag....

I thought the same thing about shutting the mouths of people trying to make political hay over a national disaster, such as the camping out of the liberal media in the Conneticut shooting tragedy. I have never been more embarrassed and ashamed as I was of the 24/7 coverage by the national media. I have to say, what little I saw of it, Fox News conducted themselves with more dignity and thoughtfulness than any other outlet.
Then the administration jumps on the bandwagon to further their agenda about gun control....what an opportunity ! The bodies of those children were not even cold before the drum beat commenced.... a shameless display of political haymaking.
LOL at nearly all of your post...

First you you demonize and denounce state department officials who were responsible for security decisions, yet then you give them credence using some of their own testimony (Ms. Lamb) to bolster your case of baseless allegations. you can't have it both ways!

again, until there is proof of dereliction of duty or a coverup; there should be no such allegations! and shame on you for politicizing the issue!

and another big LOL for even comparing what happened after Sandy Hook, which did not involve blaming republicans for what occurred but rather making a case for sensible gun regulation which the vast majority of Sandy Hook families (and America as a whole) agree with, and the politicization of Benghazi!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm actually at work right now. But don't worry, Obama won't take YOUR welfare check away even though you fabricate stories about him to make yourself feel better about a black Democrat in office.
And heeere's the race card right on schedule.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I am curious where OBAMA said it was workplace violence. I agree that DoD has said it was workplace violence but others elsewhere in the administration have called it terrorism. So quote Obama please.
I can answer your question with a question. Who sets the agenda and talking points for DOD and every other government agency?
Answer: The guy at the top of the food chain.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
When the US Consulate in the Karachi, Pakistan was attacked and 10 were killed in 2002, did you call for an investigation? When the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked and two were killed and another nine injured in 2004 did you demand that the president be held accountable? When the US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and eight died in 2004 did you call for Congressional hearings?

Nope.

Blather on. You fool no one.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
I can answer your question with a question. Who sets the agenda and talking points for DOD and every other government agency?
Answer: The guy at the top of the food chain.
The Administration has given both answers. So you don't have an Obama quote either do you?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
I'm actually at work right now. But don't worry, Obama won't take YOUR welfare check away even though you fabricate stories about him to make yourself feel better about a black Democrat in office.
Quote:
LOL. yep, right on schedule!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies