Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,248,432 times

Advertisements

As we can all see, gun control would have done NOTHING to stop what happened in Boston. It will continue to do NOTHING when these types of tragedies are executed by determined individuals. All that aside, can we NOW reconsider:

1) Waterboarding: What a shower does to you and I is amplified when this tactic is employed. The target is never killed. Scared to death maybe but, that is the point. And man do they talk. More than Oprah when the ratings are down.

2) Mild tortures: Sure, it may sound mid-evil but, who better to limit the range than the US? We still think there is hope with 1/2 of the world that routinely kills it's own if for no other reason than an old grudge. I know I know it sounds Neanderthal and all but, it is effective. Let's not end up like Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story and blink them to death...sure.....no, let's put some real pressure to those that would kill an 8 year old, and exchange student, and some other non-violent person in our society.

3) Drones: I'm Republican and I want to go CLEARLY on record that I am ALL for drones. Use them here. I'm not breaking the laws. If a drone could have caught this 19 year old before he went off and killed someone else (I know, you couldn't have deployed it in time and the intelligence was not there...I get it). Wanna pull a Rodney King? You know him, the guy that was high as a kite, blew threw 10 lights, and begged to just all get along AFTER his high-speed race endangering God only knows how many, hmmmmmmmm, drone on an open stretch of highway? Surrrrrrrrrrrr......just dumb down the bomb a bit....juuuuuuuuust enough to make some poster child of decency like Rodney, spiral out of control and off the coastal highway for a big tumble and mild splashdown....would the world really be any worse off?

Picture if you will, some freeway bandit flying on a high speed chased, Adam Walsh in pursuit, cameras all around, and said malcontent is wide open for a shot....would it be so bad? Or, would you rather have him collide into a minivan with kids first? You know, so we can protect HIS "rights"....

Maybe it's time for some common sense. There ARE bad people out there you know...and they do very, very bad things no matter how much a liberal press and audience wish it were not so. You can try to negotiate them to death or deal with the problem, quickly and effectively through new technology.

Sorry, just the way I see it. Before any of my fellow city-data.com/forum types lose their lives to some idiot roaring down a highway, bank robber, child molester, spree-killer, I want him vaporized. Save a bundle on incarceration and trials and what broke municipality can't appreciate that? Hey, we all have to tighten the belt in today's economy. Today's challenges need to be met with today's technologies.

Drones, they're not just for international terrorists anymore.

4) Rocket Docket. Why wait endlessly for murder trials to get underway. You get arraigned, you have 6 months to pull your defense together, allow for mandatory DNA testing in all capital crimes and if found guilty beyond most reasonable doubts, well, off to smoky the bear or Dr. Kavorkian, I don't care...pick one....heck, even a firing squad like Gary Gilmore would do....cheaper too.

If you get caught killing a bunch of kids and then flip the camera off while being arrested, taunt the victim's family in court, admit to it and threaten to do it again, call me whacky but, I think that's enough evidence for me. Just spit balling but, I think that is sufficient to warrant rapid justice. Probably just me though....you know us whacky Republicans...always looking to clip someone...even the one that kills your family....

Yeah, I'd say under that circumstance we should probably move forward and let you explain yourself in the hereafter? Cruel....ain't it?....sigh.......

Make it public. They always say that executing an individual does nothing to prevent crime. I'm not so convinced. Have one public execution by gas or electric and I'm gonna' go on a limb and say some folks juuuuuuuust might think twice before they kill Mr. Patel at the quicky mart AFTER they already have the money and scratch off's.....make it public. Sell it on pay-per-view. Use a part of the proceeds for the survivors, the rest to cover the cost of the obligatory trials and inevitable appeals as well as the mandatory DNA testing where applicable. Just a thought.

It doesn't stop anyone today because a handful get to witness it. Nothing like a good ol' fashioned stoning to get the public behind the side of right vs. wrong. And I don't mean the type in Colorado either. No, watch Slim Jimmy go the way of the dodo bird and you'll see most folks get their "minds right". Besides, prisons are getting very, very expensive.

In the end, gun control will do NOTHING to stop the bad guys. If anything it will embolden them. Cities like Kennesaw Georgia who have mandatory gun ownership laws enjoy some of the lowest crime rates adjacent to any urban area in the United States. Coincidence? Me no think so. Me thinks it has a direct bearing on their crime outcome, or lack thereof.

I'm not ready to arm every citizen. Only those that are legal and law abiding. The left just went too far with their proposal last time. Kind of like those $5 footlongs at Subway. Sure, they look good on your side of the counter but, 4 hours later, you pay....dearly in the bathroom.

I guess the Democrats will have to be satisfied "passing" a footlong and try for the 6" next time up to bat...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,110,341 times
Well it depends on which footlong you order. The Italian BMT tears me up.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,520,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post

Picture if you will, some freeway bandit flying on a high speed chased, Adam Walsh in pursuit, cameras all around, and said malcontent is wide open for a shot....would it be so bad? Or, would you rather have him collide into a minivan with kids first? You know, so we can protect HIS "rights"....

So you are for execution wthout a trial? Sounds like Communism to me.

Picture if you will a government that actually keeps dangerous drivers off the roads in the first place. That's there job since they have a legal monopoly over transportation.

They can't do their job so we kill civilians? No thanks.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,158,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
As we can all see, gun control would have done NOTHING to stop what happened in Boston.
Apparently laws against murder did nothing to stop the bombings either, should we abandon outlawing murder because it doesn't stop every murder?

Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,442,697 times
I dont need a long post to know

waterboarding is a good thing. idiots should be tazed. terrorists should be waterboarded.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,894,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

waterboarding is a good thing. idiots should be tazed. terrorists should be waterboarded.

Shall we start with people that make posts that are lame?

~sanrene runs for the door~

Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,420,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

What do we care about the Geneva Convention, we make our own rules, we don't call it torture anymore, it's enhanced interrogation.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,967,696 times
Quote:
3) Drones: I'm Republican and I want to go CLEARLY on record that I am ALL for drones. Use them here. I'm not breaking the laws. If a drone could have caught this 19 year old before he went off and killed someone else (I know, you couldn't have deployed it in time and the intelligence was not there...I get it). Wanna pull a Rodney King? You know him, the guy that was high as a kite, blew threw 10 lights, and begged to just all get along AFTER his high-speed race endangering God only knows how many, hmmmmmmmm, drone on an open stretch of highway? Surrrrrrrrrrrr......just dumb down the bomb a bit....juuuuuuuuust enough to make some poster child of decency like Rodney, spiral out of control and off the coastal highway for a big tumble and mild splashdown....would the world really be any worse off?
This is my favorite paragraph...the insight and imagination it took to write this---You should run for office, you have juuuuuuuuust enough nutty to get elected and make a diffrence.

I'm you #1 fan.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Apparently laws against murder did nothing to stop the bombings either, should we abandon outlawing murder because it doesn't stop every murder?

No, only the ones that are truly deserving. Like these two?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
This is my favorite paragraph...the insight and imagination it took to write this---You should run for office, you have juuuuuuuuust enough nutty to get elected and make a diffrence.

I'm you #1 fan.

You could be juuuuuust about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies