Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:51 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,857,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Everyone should find and watch that video "Jihad in America" -- this is exactly what that video was about. The Muslim mullahs are in this country and stirring up all kinds of anti-American hatred and we allow them to keep pouring into this country.

The Muslim terrorists have many more rights in this country than do the American people.
Chris Matthews anti-American hatred.

Matthews posited that “normally domestic terrorists, people, tend to be on the far right”

"Matthews suggested that Monday being Tax Day could possibly have played a role in the bombings. “So many iconic days — it’s Patriots Day, it’s the Marathon Day, it’s the Kennedy Library always up there. And also as you point out — I just forgot because I filed already — that it’s filing day for the federal income tax, which does cause some emotions around the country, sometimes in the wrong parts of the brain,” he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,932,151 times
I do have to admit, I remember reading articles on Monday. One major news organization (can't remember which) mentioned that the pressure cooker bombs were a strategy of Islamic terrorist groups, but FOX mentioned that AND that anyone could learn how to make them from reading the Anarchist Cookbook. I thought that was a little more fair/balanced.

Anyway, I'd still trust NPR more with breaking news like this. They aren't worrying about making big bucks.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,872,803 times
Americans have to stop calling these things "terror attacks" If these young guys were named Jones and they were from Nebraska they would not call them terrorists....These attacks are criminal acts. Labeling them as terrorist for political reasons is not helpful...Forget the damned so-called war on terror - there is none...The world and it's governments have been taken over by respectable criminals and all we see here is the all mighty trickle down effect of amoral behavior.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,109,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And another one.....SMH

Again, why do you guys go around waxing poetic about news networks when they aren't paying you a dime? Fox is a business, and to pretend that they're some nonsense akin to the "voice of the people" makes you sound like a hopeless myrmidon.

Geez..."voice of the people?" I can't even believe you said something so nonsensical. I could see if Murdoch or Ailes were paying you, but otherwise that's a pretty damn corny thing to say.
Why do you hate Fox News?

I thought that liberals were "tolerant"?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
it seemed to me that MSN was trying to make it seem like the bombers were angry white tea baggers...as this was mentioned several times-
That is the only reason that the liberals on this forum think that MSNBC was the best - they are so dissapointed that the bombers turned out to be Muslim extremists.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I was listening to a scanner and watching Fox News - the channel got it right 60 minutes later(when the arrest actually occurred).

They were correct.

Lose your political bias, scum.
Correction - Fox reported it 60 seconds after I heard the cop say "He is in custody" on the scanner feed.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The left stream media always take a desired outcome and work hard to make that outcome the truth.

It seems that even when faced with the facts, they still try to connect the dots back to someone on the right.
You alluded to liberals and used the word "facts" in the same sentence?

That doesn't even make sense.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'd imagine this is how most people who had access to the internet and wanted up-to-date information got their news. I bet news channels even used reddit for news.
Reddit reported that the bombers were Sunil and Mike.

Does anyone know who that Mike Muguleta guy was?

Maybe he was someone who the local cops were running a drivers's license check on at the same time as the confrontation was going down in Watertown.

Seems that someone forgot that not every cop in Boston was after the marathon bombers.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,355,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do you hate Fox News?

I thought that liberals were "tolerant"?
I don't hate Fox nor do i love Fox...or any other network for that matter.

I'm simply pointing out that Fox isn't paying you a dime, so why are you running around talking about how great they are and how they're the voice of the people and other silly ass nonsense. You sound like a damn groupie.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,690,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
They were the only ones that got it right. CNN and MSNBC are disasters:
Ratings: Fox News Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'
So because they had high ratings they are now the most trusted?? Just because the wing nuts have their dedicated propaganda channel that they religiously support doesn't mean that most Americans trust it. It's just that you wing nuts have no other home to crawl to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies