Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 PM

408 posts, read 216,361 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the whole thread so excuse me if this has been covered . . .

As I understand it, the basis for this exception is to interrogate #2 to see if there are other cells / bombers.

Hypothetically, would his uncounseled statement that there were others and any names / locations offered be sustainable (legally) as probable cause for search / arrest warrants or could those other implicated persons claim "fruit of the poisoned tree"?

I understand how this exception would work for say bombs planted by #2 or his brother, that remain out there and a clear and present danger and the authorities not being able to charge him for those, but does the exception flow to evidence procedure in other cases?

I see a real danger here where uncovering other terrorists could either have them go free or see further breakdowns of rights protections . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,993,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
He IS an American citizen and has the same rights as ALL American citizens
Yes well his mother said they both worked for the FBI and this whole thing is a setup.... THEY USE THESE KIDS AND THEN TRY TO GET RID OF THEM SO THEY DONT EXPOSE IT!!!!! (Thats why he has no laywer.... NO CHANCE OF EXPOSING THINGS)

All this evilness (state sponsered terror) needs to be exposed!!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,829,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes well his mother said they both worked for the FBI and this whole thing is a setup.... THEY USE THESE KIDS AND THEN TRY TO GET RID OF THEM SO THEY DONT EXPOSE IT!!!!! (Thats why he has no laywer.... NO CHANCE OF EXPOSING THINGS)

The Federal public defender for MA said they will represent the bomber.

Article also says a special interrogation team is flying in to talk to him.
Wonder where they are flying in from...Gitmo ?

Public defenders will represent Boston bomb suspect - CBS News

Old 04-20-2013, 07:13 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,350,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Hypothetically, would his uncounseled statement that there were others and any names / locations offered be sustainable (legally) as probable cause for search / arrest warrants or could those other implicated persons claim "fruit of the poisoned tree"?
They couldn't use those statements against the guy they interrogated unlawfully. They could use those statements (and any evidence they derived from them) against anyone he implicated; the exclusionary rule only protects the person whose rights were violated, not third parties.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,357,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Well, take you, for example.

So far, you've made several inculpable statements.
Its not my fault if you want to continue to post things that are completely wrong. Just dont expect me to stand there and pat you on the back for the effort.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,357,998 times
Quote:

Oh please.. there will be lawyers crawling out of the woodwork willing to take his case just to get their name on television.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,573,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Once the Patriot Act comes into play, there are no Constitutional Rights. This boy will be lucky if he isn't in Gitmo in a few days. btw Due Process doesn't exist for him.

The Feds stated they did not need to mirandize him as is was for the public safety.... If you think he is escaping on this technicality you will be wrong. He will be lucky to have a trial in the public, my bet is he won't.
I agree with most of what you've said, but I do need to correct one point.

This guy isn't a "kid" or a "boy" - as my son used to say when he turned 18, he's a "grown ass man." And a terrorist - and a child murderer. He has maimed and mutilated scores of innocent people.

I am sick of people referring to him as if he was a juvenile.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,613,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so excuse me if this has been covered . . .

As I understand it, the basis for this exception is to interrogate #2 to see if there are other cells / bombers.

I understand how this exception would work for say bombs planted by #2 or his brother, that remain out there and a clear and present danger and the authorities not being able to charge him for those, but does the exception flow to evidence procedure in other cases?

I see a real danger here where uncovering other terrorists could either have them go free or see further breakdowns of rights protections . . . .
Are you freaking serious? Wake up, this whole damn thing was staged to further enslave you.
That's what the FBI and the CIA do best, then tell you not to listen to anybody but them for the facts.
I have no doubt this kid and his brother thought they were part of the drill, and just did what they were told to do.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/op...anted=all&_r=0

In this video, Alex proves that the Federal system has the motive as well as the means and history of staging terror events. They are suspect number one.
» NY Times: ‘FBI Staged Terror Attacks’ Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,132,384 times
Quote:

She said the FBI was aware of him, but not that he worked for them.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,573,873 times
I haven't read thru the entire thread so if someone else has posted this already, I apologize for the repeat.

But then...perhaps it bears repeating...

From "A Man For All Seasons:"

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!
Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
A Man for All Seasons (1966) - Quotes - IMDb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies