Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 AM

20,131 posts, read 16,215,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I made the clarification plain. If you do not accept the clairfication of your words...move on.
You just wanted a chance to get in your "the givernment is out to get you" meme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And you have no right to devoid him of his rights. I agree, but just like any other citizen, he has the right to due process. If we start taking away the rights of the worst, what is to stop them from taking away the rights of all the rest of us whenever they choose, using it to arrest/convict "enemies of the state'' I know how you feel, and I more than anyone would have liked to have seen him hung from the highest tree, but we have to keep emotions out of it as to protect the rights of all of us. They once asked Robert Shapiro if he thought O.J. was guilty, he paused and said, "Sometimes the guilty have to go free to protect the innocent" I understood what he meant, it was about protecting all of our rights.
no one is denying him due process..

Once again, there are lots of people in jail who have never been mirandized. For example, those arrested for DUI, go to trial but ARE NOT QUESTIONED.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,284,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The other poster didnt say they dont apply, he said he didnt care.
This applies how? My post is to the OP.

Here is the simple fact, which will **** off most people who read this. MOST of you have no clue what Miranda is, isn't, what is required and, more importantly, what ISN'T required. MOST of you get your information from cop shows, internet rumor/gossip, and "its common knowledge." Very few of you, if any, have any real understanding of the law and how its applied.

YET, you believe you some sort of "right" to apply it on others, when you have no clue what it is you are talking about.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,636,755 times
Quote:
And you have no right to devoid him of his rights. I agree, but just like any other citizen, he has the right to due process. If we start taking away the rights of the worst, what is to stop them from taking away the rights of all the rest of us whenever they choose, using it to arrest/convict "enemies of the state'' I know how you feel, and I more than anyone would have liked to have seen him hung from the highest tree, but we have to keep emotions out of it as to protect the rights of all of us. They once asked Robert Shapiro if he thought O.J. was guilty, he paused and said, "Sometimes the guilty have to go free to protect the innocent" I understood what he meant, it was about protecting all of our rights.
Many don't see it that way. They are looking at this as a singular event.
Probably the same group that had no issues with the assassination of Al-Awalki.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
this is not grass cutting. this is being able to use what a person says durring interrogation agasint him.
If you dont know the perticular statute, thats OK...but act as if you understand what I asking..
I not only knew what the hell you were asking, but I listed FOUR Supreme Court rulings on the matter.
Quote:
Cutting grass and use of one's testimony durring interogation against them are not equal.
DING DING DING.. You stand here and argue with me while then responding back with the exact same thing I said.

Who is using the testimony against him? As long as they DONT USE IT AGAINST HIM, then they dont need to miranidze him..

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,763,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no one is denying him due process..

Once again, there are lots of people in jail who have never been mirandized. For example, those arrested for DUI, go to trial but ARE NOT QUESTIONED.
Correct, you do not have to be given Miranda rights, unless they interrogate you , and I am sure he will be interrogated and given his rights at that time.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This applies how? My post is to the OP.

Here is the simple fact, which will **** off most people who read this. MOST of you have no clue what Miranda is, isn't, what is required and, more importantly, what ISN'T required. MOST of you get your information from cop shows, internet rumor/gossip, and "its common knowledge." Very few of you, if any, have any real understanding of the law and how its applied.

YET, you believe you some sort of "right" to apply it on others, when you have no clue what it is you are talking about.
Oh please.. I posted Supreme Court rulings showing how most of these people are incorrect. I'm pretty sure Supreme Court rulings arent tv shows, maybe you can tell me what channel they are on..

I simply said the other poster said he didnt care.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Correct, you do not have to be given Miranda rights, unless they interrogated, and I am sure he will be interrogated and given his right at that time.
Not quite correct either. You can be interrogated without being mirandized, it only means THE INFORMATION YOU TELL THEM CAN NOT BE USED IN COURT.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,959,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
By selecting the Boston Marathon on Patriot's Day as the occasion to target a mass murder of American citizens. The words "hate crime" come into play when it's a minority or gays who are targeted. Seems like the definition applies here when the victims are categorized.
I wasn't asking of how a determination of hate crime would be determined...I was asking, was how did you come to your dermination?

This determination:

Quote:
I'm a strong Constitutionalist, but in cases such as this, where there is not just criminal behavior but behavior which proves a strong hatred and war against not just citizens but against America itself, I feel this man has no rights.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,763,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You just wanted a chance to get in your "the givernment is out to get you" meme.
And you're a fool if you think they will never try to get you, we cannot give them any leeway. It is why we fought the revolutionary war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies