Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 01:40 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
If a white liberal was forced to live with him and his family in the ghetto for two years would ... 1. He still be a liberal after two years 2. Would he still be against the right of the law abiding to conceal carry?
Who is this "him" and his family I'd have to live with in the ghetto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,455,050 times
He would still be a lib only if he didn't have to work...Didn't walk his dog.....Didn't go out during the night and day....Didn't have to go shopping....Didn' t go to the mailbox...Home schools his kids....Keeps the wife in the cellar....He will also have to put Kevlar siding on his house, have all his supplies delivered by Navy SEALS in HumVee's in plain brown boxes...Never have a new flat panel TV delivered to the house and he would definitely have to put a MLK forever sign on the door....All this is possible only if he survives during the first week while he is getting all these parameters all set up....

Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM

349 posts, read 261,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
1. He still be a liberal after two years

2. Would he still be against the right of the law abiding to conceal carry?
1. He would be an even stronger liberal after seeing that every Black person is not on welfare, a thug, listens to rap music and shoots people every other hour as Conservatives keep implying..

2. A stupid unproven assertion deserves no serious reply, unless you can post the site where "Liberals" are against the right to concealed carry???

Old 06-09-2013, 02:17 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,881,762 times
People are who they are. Granted they can shift in their way of thinking due to experience, but for the most part, people are who they are. I know many people from bad neighborhoods who are still liberals, still against guns and still for welfare, even if they managed to move beyond the 'hood.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,766,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Well, there is positively no denying that a sure path to wealth and fame is for a black to declare themselves a conservative. There are so few that Fox or Glenn Beck are sure to give them a platform to lead to some easy bucks. My only complaint is that you folks leave them high and dry so fast. My God, Ben Carson was the flavor of the week, make that day, for such a short period of time, I don't think he even had time to get a spot at the Heritage Foundation or Focus on the Family. As I think about the token black conservatives you folks have used and tossed out over time, whether it's Armstrong Williams or J.C. Watts or the others, I find myself wondering if you folks have a home for them somewhere. You do owe them that, do you not?

you mean taking responsibility/accountability, and focusing on wealth makes you "conservative"? Fox news, Glenn Beck, yack yack yack...that is all you have, mindless blame of people who are making a better socio economic argument and put forth better policies, and that is all you can do is scream out insults, or demonization of any one who proves you wrong. because if you create a little improve people will see that statist for who and what they are, frauds, lairs, and thieves, who use poverty and decency to enslave a permanent underclass who they exploit for political gain of all Americans.

as for Ben Carson being "left high and dry" no he wasn't, a lot of people come to his aid, and who was attacking him? was it the statist of the left? funny how there tolerance and understanding only go one way, isn't?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:46 PM

73,232 posts, read 63,111,246 times
My father grew up in what many people would call a "ghetto". He lived in a rough area(albeit his parents owned their home). He is a college-educated man and a professional. He is very liberal on many issues(however,when it comes to guns, he's pro-gun). Being in the ghetto never made him conservative. He lived around that element, and he is not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination. I know alot of people who never spent of day of their lives in the ghetto, and they are very conservative.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,290,329 times
Which ghetto? I know some all white neighborhoods where I wouldn't live if given a choice.
Adapt and survive comes to mind. I have lived 24/7 with all races and never had an issue. The thread is meant to draw specific reactions from both sides.
The left to defend their beliefs and the right to re-enforce the OP's suggestion that a liberal would be helpless and forced to change.
I know some gun toting liberals that can shoot and shoot well. I also know some pretty skilled martial artists that are liberal.
Being a conservative doesn't = badazz Being a liberal doesn't = wimp.
Liberals believe in social programs aimed at improving society, an attempt to help those who for what ever reason can't help themselves. A noble endeavor.
True conservatives believe in personal accountability and helping those who can't help themselves. True conservatives believe in minding their own business and not forcing their beliefs on others.
Now hardliners are a different breed all together. Hardliners left or right are the same animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies