Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,171,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
you are mad they have left the statist plantation...and have shown more poor people the way to the path of wealth and prosperity then your failed systems ever have or ever will..
Well, there is positively no denying that a sure path to wealth and fame is for a black to declare themselves a conservative. There are so few that Fox or Glenn Beck are sure to give them a platform to lead to some easy bucks. My only complaint is that you folks leave them high and dry so fast. My God, Ben Carson was the flavor of the week, make that day, for such a short period of time, I don't think he even had time to get a spot at the Heritage Foundation or Focus on the Family. As I think about the token black conservatives you folks have used and tossed out over time, whether it's Armstrong Williams or J.C. Watts or the others, I find myself wondering if you folks have a home for them somewhere. You do owe them that, do you not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You do realize that no one except Republicans call him that lol Talking points, I guess.
I don't normally call him that and I'm not a Republican but I figured messiah would be a little more PC than "lying dirt bag POS".

Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The last one? My neighbors about halfway down my street are hardcore liberal Obama nut job fools. Yard signs, bumper stickers, completely bought and paid for voters who are devoted to the messiah. They live in a beat up old mobile home back in the trees and drive junk cars around town. I spoke to the wife today, she of course sounds like a broken record of MSNBC playing in the background.
That's odd, that very neighbor was just telling us about a moderately retarded, right-wing nutjob, paranoid neighbor down the street who regurgitates the worst of right-wing talk radio talking points day-after-day.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You do realize that no one except Republicans call him that lol Talking points, I guess.
You should ask him when he has ever heard anyone other than another right-winger refer to Obama as their "messiah." Tell him no fibbing allowed.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:16 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
That's odd, that very neighbor was just telling us about a moderately retarded, right-wing nutjob, paranoid neighbor down the street who regurgitates the worst of right-wing talk radio talking points day-after-day.
Really, she must be talking about old crazy Bruce. He watches Fox News and listens to Rush daily.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
1. He still be a liberal after two years

2. Would he still be against the right of the law abiding to conceal carry?
1. Why would he suddenly turn into a theocratic bigot or someone who supports economic, fiscal, social and foreign policies that have been unmitigated disasters every single time they've been tried? It's not clear to me why moving to a bad neighborhood would cause someone to lose the ability to do basic math.

2. Is this something "liberals" actually oppose? I certainly don't oppose concealed carry for law-abiding citizens.

I was watching Vice last night and they went to Chicago. One of the gang members said something to the effect of "in the old days we beat each other, but now it's so easy to get a gun that we shoot instead." That is the problem - lax gun laws that effectively let anyone, regardless of criminal background or mental stability, buy whatever they want.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:19 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,355,461 times
This dude (the OP) is obsessed with the hood and everything about it.

Maybe he wants to move there or something. I don't get it.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,766,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

I was watching Vice last night and they went to Chicago. One of the gang members said something to the effect of "in the old days we beat each other, but now it's so easy to get a gun that we shoot instead." That is the problem - lax gun laws that effectively let anyone, regardless of criminal background or mental stability, buy whatever they want.
you are aware gang members dont care about gun laws. Chicago has strictest gun laws and has 500 puls murders each year. and summer is just starting, and think get very sporting the hotter it gets in Chicago.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM

73,231 posts, read 63,111,246 times
Quote:
Chicago has the nation's strictest gun laws, and yet, it has had major issues with gang shootings for years. Baltimore also has strict gun laws and has a murder rate much worse than Chicago. And then take Seattle, a city with lenient gun laws(for a major city) and it has a low murder rate. Chicago has much deeper issues leading up to the violence. So does Baltimore. And guns are the least of the problem. Alot of social problems to consider, such as gangs, drugs, high dropout rates, unemployment, parents not raising their children properly.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
you are aware gang members dont care about gun laws. Chicago has strictest gun laws and has 500 puls murders each year. and summer is just starting, and think get very sporting the hotter it gets in Chicago.
Laws which don't extend outside the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies