Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's what happened in my case. I couldn't even get some of the evidence I needed because of "funding". We luckily won the case but then I couldn't file a civil suit because of "funding."

We have a working justice system, but it needs some more tweaking. I don't think we should trash the system, tweak it.
You're right. It takes money to investigate cases adequately. There are too many cases and too LITTLE MONEY for public defenders. No money for good case investigations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 12:02 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,075,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
[URL="http://www.phibetaiota.net/2013/03/mike-lofgren-americas-three-tiered-justice-system/"]Mike Lofgren: America’s Three-Tiered Justice System « Public Intelligence Blog[/URL]

This article states some of the problems facing what is the oxymoronic system we call justice.
It is a far cry from what our forefathers envisioned for a free and sovereign people.
I disagree with the premise posited by your title. There is an incredible amount of justice in the USA as guilty dirtbag after guilty dirtbag gets tried, convicted and incarcerated.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,075,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're right. It takes money to investigate cases adequately. There are too many cases and too LITTLE MONEY for public defenders. No money for good case investigations.
too much liberalism resulting in too much crime - yup!!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
too much liberalism resulting in too much crime - yup!!

Wrong. Most people who commit crimes are a mess of a multitude of beliefs.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,297,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I disagree with the premise posited by your title. There is an incredible amount of justice in the USA as guilty dirtbag after guilty dirtbag gets tried, convicted and incarcerated.
Unless they have money, in which case they walk, or if the State needs to fill their contractual obligations to the private for profit prisons in which case they create convictions. Do you really believe we have more serious criminals in the US than they have in Russia or China? We have a much higher incarceration rate than either of those countries. As a matter of fact here in the land of the free we incarcerate more people than any place on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies