Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,967,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

My neighbor, who owns a few meat packing plants, had to lay off workers with the Obamacare rules. He laid off mostly those who had cars with Obama bumper stickers.

I see nothing wrong with that, as decisions in life have consequences. If one is supporting a politician who undermines the ability of an employer to keep them employed, why not lay them off? It would make no sense at all to lay off someone who knew better and voted for Romney. In effect, you would be selecting the more intelligent workers by keeping the Romney voters and laying off the Obama voters- it is as good as an IQ test!
I can't agree with your reasoning.

First of all, how does the employer know which cars belong to which employees? Does he keep a list of who drives what car? Okay, perhaps there is assigned parking spaces for employees - something that strikes me as unlikely. How does the employer know who the employee voted for even if it had an Obama sticker on it ... that employee might have borrowed their spouses car or one of their children's car, or maybe a stranger slapped on a political sticker ... highly unlikely, but not impossible.

My point is this: 90% of all cars on the road before the election did not have election stickers on them - for either Romney or Obama.

The bottom line ... I think these claims are a big bunch of nonsense. It appears to me that some cry baby sore loser is expressing the hope that some people should suffer because the Republican candidate lost the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,343,977 times
I don't believe this for one second. She's making it up. Typical liberal. She was probably fired for cause.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,343,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
How do employers know who you voted for? I thought the election process was secret? If my employer demanded to know who I voted for I would sure tell them none of your business. Work is work, private life is private life.
Exactly. That's why this story is phony as a $3 bill. This story is made up.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,573,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Obama voters are not a protected class.
Probably not - but it still takes some money to defend a lawsuit. Employers hate that.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,996,179 times
[quote=Clark Park;28339713
The bottom line ... I think these claims are a big bunch of nonsense. It appears to me that some cry baby sore loser is expressing the hope that some people should suffer because the Republican candidate lost the election.[/quote]

Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,595,701 times
If you voted for Obama, you have just demonstrated that either you are mentally unstable, or completely lack of common sense or both. You don't qualify for any job.

I can't put it simpler than that.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,219,937 times
Actions have consequences. If it's a right to work state....that's just the way it is.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,101 times
He said she said. Either way, she deserved to be fired if she voted for Obama. Anyone that dumb doesn't deserve a job.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,483,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He said she said. Either way, she deserved to be fired if she voted for Obama. Anyone that dumb doesn't deserve a job.
I think her parents should be fired as well, for giving birth to such an idiot. They obviously failed as parents.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Before the election, corporations were telling their employees that if they voted for Obama, those employees would suffer the consequences. Here's one, probably many more.

This is how the rich people play politics, dirty.

Ohio woman claims she was fired for Obama vote - Road Runner

CEO: Vote For Obama, Get Fired - YouTube

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas
Republican Professors Need Not Apply, University E-mail Reveals

News Anchorman Fired for Being Conservative? | Right Wing News

Kansas High School Teacher Fired for Being Conservative? | RedState

Archived Blog: Hollywood screenwriter fired for being a conservative

Looks like you forgot to mention that liberals do the same thing so I thought I'd help you out. You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies