Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I think you're wrong about Rand Paul. You're right about the GOP being dead and Rubio though. At least IMO.

The GOP NEEDS a candidate like Rand if they want a chance in the future. The only thing that can keep the GOP going now is to take a Libertarian approach.
Libertarian just do not have near enough support to elect a president. You just had the experience of seeing just how much support Paul got and it wasn't much, was it?

AS much sence as it makes, the day the USA goes back to the isolationist foreign policies of pre WW2 is the day pigs will fly. it just ain't gonna happen. The same thing with major intitlement reform. If anything the people are demanding more not less. Now the real main plank in libertarian thought is states rights. That is just a complete nonstarter. Ever since Lincoln consolidated federal power in DC there has been almost no constitutional governance in the country and it is not going to change EVER. All governments are always trying to take powers that do not belong to them and once they get those powers they NEVER give them up without a revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
You all have no problem seeing that times changed so Bush was followed by Obama. But then suddenly you think they'll never change again. It's the Obama age forever and Democrats will win every race from now on. Obama won the election so that mans the GOP is dead for all eternity. They need to make a radical change if they ever want to win an election again.

Well, Obama won less of the vote in 2012 than he did in 2008. 8 million less people voted for Obama in 2012 than 2008. Sorry folks but that does not indicate that people love Obama and were enthusiastic about the job he did.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You and every liberal in the country. The right wing thinks that they represent the nation's ideology. Elections say otherwise.
Rand Paul isn't a liberal!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal technique View Post
Rand has as much chance of being President as his crazy papa.

If people actually paid attention to politics, they'd see that this country NEEDS people like Rand.
I think he has a much better chance than his father. I did like Ron too though.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You all have no problem seeing that times changed so Bush was followed by Obama. But then suddenly you think they'll never change again. It's the Obama age forever and Democrats will win every race from now on. Obama won the election so that mans the GOP is dead for all eternity. They need to make a radical change if they ever want to win an election again.

Well, Obama won less of the vote in 2012 than he did in 2008. 8 million less people voted for Obama in 2012 than 2008. Sorry folks but that does not indicate that people love Obama and were enthusiastic about the job he did.
Rand is a big change for the GOP. A change that the GOP needs.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Rand is a big change for the GOP. A change that the GOP needs.

He and Ted Cruz.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

Bush ran as a slightly right of center moderate and ended up narrowly winning the electoral college and losing the popular vote. 2nd time around was also a narrow EC win and a tight popular vote.

Obama blewout both McCain and Romney.

There is no evidence that the country wants a far right conservative.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Bush ran as a slightly right of center moderate and ended up narrowly winning the electoral college and losing the popular vote. 2nd time around was also a narrow EC win and a tight popular vote.

What happens if the GOP gains seats in either or both houses in 2014? Would that help Obam through his last two years? I don't think so but maybe you know something I don't.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

3 Progressives, while the nation screams Hope & Change.
They could only hope there was a change.
Progressive is Progressive, no matter how you slice it.
When you have two progressives running, the conservatives stayed home.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Another good interview by him I thought.

Rand Paul: Country Is Ready For A "Libertarian Republican Narrative" | RealClearPolitics

Hope he runs in 2016.
Thanks for the real story about what took place on Fox News Sunday. Now lets try to get someone to read the darned link since most here sure didn't see the show. I never miss it and found the article to be very much like what I saw twice today.

The best part of your link was the lower right hand offer about Obama and company being responsible for the sequester. He and people from the White House took the story to Harry Reid and Reid ran with their solution to whatever it was. I don't think many people here know about that but I had forgotten till today. Thanks.

I forgot, it was Bob Woodward who brought that about sequester up to the panel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies