Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
in the usa....

we say age of 18.

however there are so many living with their parents after the age of 18.

in the home.

they don't contribute.

who is responsible?
Why are you trying to assign blame?
It happened.
Story closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I thought you guys wanted to legalize drugs cause they were harmless?
You do realize that alcohol is a major drug and that there are many more alcoholics than drug addicts?
You also realize, I'm sure, that lots of people get addicted to prescription drugs, like Rush Limbaugh.
You see no difference between heroin and pot?
If you don't, you really shouldn't be commenting - doesn't make you look very smart.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,546 times
Quote:
Wow... another one bites the dust.

CONTROVERSY.. LIES IN THE QUESTION WHY? WHY ANOTHER TYCOON'S CHILD, CELEB CHILD DIES FROM DRUGGING?

INSECURITY?

The world lies before them, connections, money, power from their family history etc... to die this way?!?!

Amazing. What's the real issue here!

Kid was born into a family of billions to die from a heroin overdose.

Why does this happen?

Kid dies at a "christian" uni/college.

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Bad parenting at it's highest level.

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

Sad death of oil magnate T. Boone Pickens' grandson, 21, whose body was discovered hours after a suspected 'heroin and Xanax overdose' | Mail Online
Well, this is what happens when you fail to raise a kid and be involved in his/her life. Obviously no one taught this kid right from wrong and ever said no to them

Rich or poor, if you don't parent, your kid is likely to fail

Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You do realize that alcohol is a major drug and that there are many more alcoholics than drug addicts?
You also realize, I'm sure, that lots of people get addicted to prescription drugs, like Rush Limbaugh.
You see no difference between heroin and pot?
If you don't, you really shouldn't be commenting - doesn't make you look very smart.
Heroin is legal...... no, there are not far more alcoholics than drug addicts. Pot, although it should be legal, is not harmless either, although your ilk would like us to believe it is

Stop speaking on what you don't know

Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,013 times
Quote:
Wow... another one bites the dust.

CONTROVERSY.. LIES IN THE QUESTION WHY? WHY ANOTHER TYCOON'S CHILD, CELEB CHILD DIES FROM DRUGGING?

INSECURITY?

The world lies before them, connections, money, power from their family history etc... to die this way?!?!

Amazing. What's the real issue here!

Kid was born into a family of billions to die from a heroin overdose.

Why does this happen?

Kid dies at a "christian" uni/college.

Why did this happen?

Kid was using heroin!

Bad parenting at it's highest level.

Disgusting!

Spoiler

Mom and Dad!

Sad death of oil magnate T. Boone Pickens' grandson, 21, whose body was discovered hours after a suspected 'heroin and Xanax overdose' | Mail Online
Hmm... you would think that someone who has everything, including access to healthy food, great options in life, great health care, and a completely guaranteed, secure future would be happy and well-balanced. Maybe it's because the rich have a sense of ENTITLEMENT, and that sense of ENTITLEMENT results in them feeling that they are entitled to get their way 24/7 in everything, no holds barred. Since that's impossible, they get all f'd up mentally?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Heroin is legal...... no, there are not far more alcoholics than drug addicts. Pot, although it should be legal, is not harmless either, although your ilk would like us to believe it is

Stop speaking on what you don't know
Speaking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Well, this is what happens when you fail to raise a kid and be involved in his/her life. Obviously no one taught this kid right from wrong and ever said no to them

Rich or poor, if you don't parent, your kid is likely to fail
I didn't read anywhere where there was mention as to his parents failure in raising him or being involved or not involved in his life. Are you a family member? Did you know the boy? Did you witness their lack of involvement? Where is it obvious that he wasn't taught right from wrong? How do you know the parents never said no to him? Maybe his parents had absolutely nothing to do with his use of drugs. Maybe he had other issues unrelated to family.

I would like to see you and LuckyGem prove all these claims about the parents, parents you don't know anything about. You know as much about them as everyone else who doesn't know them - which means you don't know squat about them.

Moving on:

Heroin is legal in the US? When did that happen? How old do you have to be to get it? Where do you purchase it?

and............

chielgirl never said anything about pot. Seems that you just pulled that one right out of your backside along with everything else you posted.

FYI: many alcoholics also have a drug dependency along with their alcohol problems. There are many high-functioning alcoholics. (Google it, I'm not going to explain it to you)

Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM

30,383 posts, read 51,996,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I thought you guys wanted to legalize drugs cause they were harmless?
I don't think anyone wants to legalize "because it's harmless" - we/they want to legalize because it's nobody's business but your own what you put in your body. I don't want McDonalds to be illegal either, does that mean I think it's good for you?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So kids from poor and middle class families never die of drug overdoses?

Give me a break. Statistics show that children from prosperous families have higher incomes and higher education levels than those from poor families. That is the truth- you show a tragic anecdote and falsely state that it is "the norm", as your liberal handlers have conditioned you to view "the rich" in this way.
LuckyGem is most definitely NOT a liberal... he/she is one of yours, LOL.

Oh yeah, and many of the people arguing with Lucky (including myself) ARE liberals, so there goes your lame stereotype that we all hate the rich! Matter of fact, I even said earlier in the thread that I come from wealth. Do I hate my own family?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Hmm... you would think that someone who has everything, including access to healthy food, great options in life, great health care, and a completely guaranteed, secure future would be happy and well-balanced. Maybe it's because the rich have a sense of ENTITLEMENT, and that sense of ENTITLEMENT results in them feeling that they are entitled to get their way 24/7 in everything, no holds barred. Since that's impossible, they get all f'd up mentally?
Not quite, but nice try. Does anyone here actually KNOW any wealthy families, or do you just believe what you see on television?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with you. Kids from all walks of life, black, white, brown, don't matter. Kids from all background die from drug overdoses.

Sad really that a kids life is so empty, they feel the need to get the rush that high.

There are so many children from many celebrities and musicians who have never ever been in trouble, while some do drugs.

Middle class and poor families alike, are not immune to their children not dying from drug overdoses. Drug overdoses, take place whether your a poor family, inbetween, or wealthy. Just sad that so many of our young feel the need to take drugs, to get that chage out of life, they don't feel.
While I agree with your first statement, the rest is a bit simplistic and over-dramatized IMO... one doesn't need to have an "empty life" to try drugs, one just has to have the opportunity and curiosity. Trust me, I've been there done that (still do, if you count legal/medical marijuana as a drug), and my life was anything but empty. Humans and animals have been using intoxicants since the beginning of time, and neither society nor parenting is 100% to blame - it's just a natural desire to seek pleasurable feelings. Why do people have sex without the intent to procreate? Again, it just feels darned good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies