Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,962,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
He was the best yet of the yahoos he's had up there to confront him (make look good) over gun rights.

FINALLY someone brought up handguns, which is, in the end, what all anti-gunners ultimately want to get at.

This AR-15 "assault" rifle madness is just a ruse to get to handguns. The most slippery slope we have ever seen.

The biggest oversight Shapiro made was about Cho at VT. Cho used handguns to murder more than Lanza and Lanza was gunning down babies, whereas Cho was gunning down grown adults, WITH HANDGUNS!

So make no mistake about it comrades, they don't want ARs, no, they want our handguns and just about every other form of gun outside of maybe a double barrel or single shot. ARs are used in VERY LITTLE homicides in America today. Don't give 'em an inch...
Ammo is the key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM

215 posts, read 183,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ammo is the key.
I bought a thousand more rounds yesterday for my handgun. The Walmarts all around me are selling out fast though.

I'm pretty stocked up at this point though for TSHTF moment in America which could happen the way Emperor Dear Leader Barry is turning himself into the King.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM

3,955 posts, read 5,130,519 times
Piers seems to want to tackle the gun issue while emotions are still high. Hasn't our nation's haste in rushing in to war in Iraq after 9/11 proven that it's better to think calmly before taking actions which we may regret later?

In all honesty, I'd rather see Congress balance the budget or figure out a way of sensibly paying down our $16,000,000,000,000 national debt before re-examining gun laws.

Ben Shapiro appears like a smart and thoughtful person; shame I didn't get to hear more of what he had to say over Piers' bullying.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM

20,000 posts, read 12,517,790 times
Shapiro made a few mistakes. He called the AR-15 an assault rifle. And he explained the reason for "needing one" as Piers asks all his guests, was to be used in defense of possible future government tyranny. That was maybe too much and he may have focused on things like the LA Riots and pretty much any social breakdown or severe natural disaster can bring about dangerous people in numbers.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,539,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Pierce got humiliated in this one. Go Ben!

I don't understand why people that hate this country continue
to live here. Pierce is a punk.

COMPLETE: Ben Shapiro CUTS Piers Morgan DOWN - YouTube
Well, because they can be somebody. If they go to another country where their beliefs are in place they are a nobody and blend in!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,962,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Shapiro made a few mistakes. He called the AR-15 an assault rifle. And he explained the reason for "needing one" as Piers asks all his guests, was to be used in defense of possible future government tyranny. That was maybe too much and he may have focused on things like the LA Riots and pretty much any social breakdown or severe natural disaster can bring about dangerous people in numbers.
It wasn't, because that is the major thrust for the 2nd ammendment as written.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM

20,000 posts, read 12,517,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
It wasn't, because that is the major thrust for the 2nd ammendment as written.
Unfortunately, most people are only hearing "nut" when someone goes there. Listen to Piers and to Ben and you can see Ben is well beyond where Piers is willing or able to go and most of the audience isn't even as smart as Piers. The general masses live for now (whatever feels good now) and Ben was talking about fifty+ years in the future something very bad might happen. Who's gonna care about that but a few of us paranoid gun nuts? Ben needed to dumb it down considering where he was.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM

215 posts, read 183,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I agree. What about the lawlessness of Mexico and it being out neighbor. There are other things that trump government tyranny, but I think Shapiro's point was that was the founders point originally. Today there are so many other things - domestic and international terrorism, Mexico's lawless culture; Being in the middle of nowhere (rural America) and facing a number of lawless groups/would-be attackers.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM

3,955 posts, read 5,130,519 times
Wow, the Ben Shapiro video now has nearly 120,000 views on YouTube! Mr. Shapiro handled himself quite well and is gaining a substantial following on the Interweb thanks to his intellect.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,092,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Pierce got humiliated in this one. Go Ben!

I don't understand why people that hate this country continue
to live here. Pierce is a punk.

[youtube]LJdhAm_oUUs[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdhAm_oUUs&feature=youtu.be"]COMPLETE: Ben Shapiro CUTS Piers Morgan DOWN - YouTube[/URL]
Piers humiliates himself all by himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies