Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does pregnancy have to do with a woman raping a man?
A man cannot be raped. Either by a man or by a woman. He can be assaulted. Rape is the forceful entry of a penis into a vagina and the reason rape was elevated to special status is:

A)women raise our children, their bodies are to be protected while man's are expandable
B)we value women's chastity but there is no such thing as male chastity.

And some weird interplay of those two. And while today's society is blurring the distinction, it's still there.

I also don't believe another woman can rape another woman. Also forceful oral sex or anal sex is again not rape, it's just assault.

The distinction becomes crystal clear when you live in a country where a raped woman cannot find a husband to marry, and often commits suicide to avoid the shame. Again it's blurred here, but I just cannot get my head around men being raped.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
A man cannot be raped. Either by a man or by a woman. He can be assaulted. Rape is the forceful entry of a penis into a vagina and the reason rape was elevated to special status is:

A)women raise our children, their bodies are to be protected while man's are expandable
B)we value women's chastity but there is no such thing as male chastity.

And some weird interplay of those two. And while today's society is blurring the distinction, it's still there.

I also don't believe another woman can rape another woman. Also forceful oral sex or anal sex is again not rape, it's just assault.

The distinction becomes crystal clear when you live in a country where a raped woman cannot find a husband to marry, and often commits suicide to avoid the shame. Again it's blurred here, but I just cannot get my head around men being raped.
In other words, your "argument" is based entirely on semantics.

Isn't rape an assualt?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
In other words, your "argument" is based entirely on semantics.

Isn't rape an assualt?
No it isn't. Assault is involved. But it's more than that. Just like assault is involved in murder.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No it isn't. Assault is involved. But it's more than that. Just like assault is involved in murder.
True - but both men and women can be murdered.

Why can't both be raped, as well?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
correct me if im wrong, but didnt CNN do a story on this and show how many states specifically say rape is "forced penetration" and there for , a women can not rape a man with vaginal sex, but can if she say, stuck a plunger in his butt.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 508 times
Default Whether its is done by men or women.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse, which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's permission. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or with a person who is incapable of valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, or below the legal age of consent.The term is most often defined in criminal law.
whether its is done by men or women.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,631 times
Unconsented sexual intercourse is a lot like uninformationally labeled or unlabeled food products.

There might be two classes of unconsension; forced and unforced. Usually unforced would involve fraud of one form or another.

Libertarians are very much against any person employing force or fraud against another person to accomplish an end.

And, yes, Justice Roberts' stretching of the "person" entity also comprises the Government itself as a person. Corporate persons, and this includes Government persons, are always "persons of interest" because artificial persons have no morality nor organic ethic. The weaker the person, the more oath is required to be taken. An artificial person cannot give you its word, at least not credibly.

You are buying and eating a lot of things you wouldn't if you knew what was in them, and what they are, and what they do. I see it as rape because it DOES involve "penetration" of the worst kind. In the U.S., most "food" consumption consists of recreational eating, anyway.

Privacy rights for corporations or governments allow the use of fraud and force, respectively, and oftentimes, in innumerable combination.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How about it -

a girl slips into your room late at night, gets into bed, arouses you and performs the deed

is this rape - no consent given as you were asleep?

the other way around would surely result in conviction - so why not in this case?
No, I don't think this is rape, I think it is seduction.
However I have thought about this after seeing the original OP and I do believe a man can be raped by a woman.

If a man is penetrated (analy or orally) by an organic or non-organic object against his will I would say this constitutes rape.

If a man's genitals are fondled against his express wishes (verbalized) or he is continually touched or fondled anywhere upon his body in a sexually suggestive manner after explicitly expressing his intent not to be touched I would say this is sexual assault.

jmho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies