Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,034,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The GOP could get the Senate in 2014 if they sweep the tossups, granted they would lose it again in 2016.

LOL-no chance. 2012 was their best shot, 21 Dem seats were unsafe as of 1/2012. They LOST 2 seats.

They have given up 5 via wackadoo candidates in '10 and '12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,426,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL-no chance. 2012 was their best shot, 21 Dem seats were unsafe as of 1/2012. They LOST 2 seats.

They have given up 5 via wackadoo candidates in '10 and '12.
All the GOP has to do is win Arkansas, Alaska, South Dakota, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Louisiana and keep what they have and its theirs. This may be aided by retirements. They also have shots in Iowa if Harkin retires, and in Massachusetts, but these are not as good. They have a chance in 2014 assuming they don't nominate crazy people, though the crazies are on the horizon e.g. Virginia Foxx.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,034,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
All the GOP has to do is win Arkansas, Alaska, South Dakota, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Louisiana and keep what they have and its theirs. This may be aided by retirements. They also have shots in Iowa if Harken retires, and in Massachusetts, but these are not as good. They have a chance in 2014 assuming they don't nominate crazy people, though the crazies are on the horizon e.g. Virginia Foxx.
Ma-no chance, and of your 5 states, at least 2 will nominate wing nuts who cannot win statewide elections. Until the Establishment GOP takes the reins back, this gave seats away process will be a recurring event.

In Tn, the bad ciccadas come out every 14 years, and I can also count on the GOP to send their wing nuts out every 2 years. Both are regular, predictable occurrences.

Harry Reid should list the TP as the sole reason he is the Majority Leader.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Ma-no chance, and of your 5 states, at least 2 will nominate wing nuts who cannot win statewide elections. Until the Establishment GOP takes the reins back, this gave seats away process will be a recurring event.
Assuming they nominate nuts yes. If NC nominates Myrick instead of crazy grandma the GOP has a shot at NC, and if they stick with Capito-Moore they are probably the favorite in WV. Its early to tell but Rounds seems somewhat strong in SD and the rest of the states its way too early for, but they could do it.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM

664 posts, read 775,866 times
so, 60 million people in 2008 and 2012 voted republican and you think this country is left leaning? Get out of the coasts, I have news for you on most issues this country is middle of the road or slightly right. The media machine helped Obama get elected and re-elected. If the Republican candidates received the same type of coverage, or should we say no coverage at all, they would have received the same outcome. This country is brainwashed by the media, what they say the country thinks. Doesn't say anything good about this country, does it? That we let the news do our thinking for us.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
so, 60 million people in 2008 and 2012 voted republican and you think this country is left leaning? Get out of the coasts, I have news for you on most issues this country is middle of the road or slightly right. The media machine helped Obama get elected and re-elected. If the Republican candidates received the same type of coverage, or should we say no coverage at all, they would have received the same outcome. This country is brainwashed by the media, what they say the country thinks. Doesn't say anything good about this country, does it? That we let the news do our thinking for us.
Yes, because 65 million + voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,930,761 times
We have a quasi-one party state already....it's just a matter of when the US stops pretending.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 AM

588 posts, read 1,018,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm sick and tired of politically inept people with no understanding of history
Agreed. Personally I'm tired of the "once the public figures out it can vote itself the treasury blah blah blah" meme that's been hugely popular since Obama won, that everyone feels the need to repeat as if they are some brilliant political strategist. When in fact, it's nothing more than the guy running for student body president in high school saying he's going to get everyone free pizza for lunch every day. It's not that simple, it wasn't recently "discovered" and it isn't going to happen that way. It's a ridiculous oversimplification that people actually believe. And, they believe it only applies NOW that Obama was elected, as if THIS batch of voters is the first to "discover" this awesome trick. So dumb. It's already been posted several places in this thread. Sometimes it gets posted repeatedly, one right after the next, as each moron wants to show how smart they are and that Obama's election indicates the end of our democracy.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,318,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Look.. why are gays and lesbians even a freaking topic? That's what you should be asking...

Us humans go from complete hate to stuffing our throughts with senseless items that make zero difference.

Do you know anyone that hurts these people? I don't... it's a freaking non topic, get over it ok?

Gays and lesbians are not freaking special and just like you dont give a crap about me, i dont give a crap about them.
Oh good, I see you missed the point completely. I don't care if you "give a crap about them" I care that you allow them to have the same freedoms you have. I don't give a crap about you, but I also think you should have the freedom to marry whoever makes you happy.

And you are right, this should be a non-issue, gays and lesbians should be allowed to get married anywhere in the country and it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,318,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Never forget that monotheists must by necessity ponder & fixate upon differences that can be corrected, brought into line. How else could they maintain that they will receive entry into heaven by staying true & faithful unto whatever one true lord they feel blessed by?
Not sure I get what you are trying to say in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies