Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Now if the GOP stuck to that, and IGNORED social issues, that would make it into what is the Establishment GOP, and relevent.

When they discuss whether rape and pregnancy, and whether the latter is controllable, they are acting C-R-A-Z-Y.
That's a small percentage of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The republicans and democrats are both too extreme. I cannot stand the religion angle of too many conservatives lately. They don't seem to understand female biology very well either. The dems just want to go full commie it seems. Where are the moderates?!
One was recently offered up. He was outstanding, a proven repeated winner. He was defeated because of his religion.

His name, Mitt Romney

Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You know they've jumped into the loony bin when they've completely lost an old, angry, white guy like me who supported them for decades.

It's not just the TP that's driving the GOP crazy bus. Even more so, it's the rabid religious right.
Yes but where you gonna go, to the looney left? They're just as wacky. The libertarians are extreme. Everyone is nuts.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
That's a small percentage of the GOP.
5 lunes in 2 Senate cycles is not small. All lost easy GOP pickups.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Interesting, I'm sure many on here will simply dismiss this video because it's the YoungTurks but do your own research than if you don't believe me or them. I think judging by the many insane threads on this site alone I think they definitely have a mental illness. check them out

Americans Say GOP Too Extreme, Democrats Giving In - YouTube

And this is where they got the info from, this is from the conservative site Politico :
Poll: Republicans too extreme - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com
Hmmm, crazy? Koo Koo mmmmmmaaaaaaybe.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
One was recently offered up. He was outstanding, a proven repeated winner. He was defeated because of his religion.

His name, Mitt Romney

Sound Effects -Cuckoo clock-

Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Moronic dems (is there any other? Why, no, there isn't.) seem to forget about silly Hank who thinks Guam will tip over if too many people move there.

Now this, my friends, is the ABSOLUTE crazy. Stupid crazy. Certifiable. The dumb azz should be locked up for embarrassing himself and his party.

I never get tired of this. It epitomizes what I think of democrats. He got re-elected.

Guam will Capsize and Tip Over into the ocean Hank Johnson - YouTube

Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Dennis Prager is correct. Liberals always attack the person, not the ideas. This proves that beautifully.

Why don't you discuss what conservatives stand for? Smaller government, less taxes, more personal freedom, less regulation.

You won't discuss any of those things because you are just parroting talking points, spoon-fed to you by the mainstream media. So you resort to the personal attack. Because of course, all republicans are exactly the same. And we're all mentally ill, doncha know. No proof, but the left never lets facts get in the way of a good personal attack.
You know that is so rich coming from a Republican. How many threads do we see on here attacking President Obama - not his ideas. 'Obammy; Obummer; Moochelle; dirty Commie; facist pig . . .

Come ON people. Classic projection.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yes but where you gonna go, to the looney left? They're just as wacky. The libertarians are extreme. Everyone is nuts.
I'm gonna vote against every Republican for every office on every ballot until they regain a few brain cells.

That's where I'm going.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Dennis Prager is correct. Liberals always attack the person, not the ideas. This proves that beautifully.

Why don't you discuss what conservatives stand for? Smaller government, less taxes, more personal freedom, less regulation.

You won't discuss any of those things because you are just parroting talking points, spoon-fed to you by the mainstream media. So you resort to the personal attack. Because of course, all republicans are exactly the same. And we're all mentally ill, doncha know. No proof, but the left never lets facts get in the way of a good personal attack.

When it comes to women it seems like the GOP wants to regulate womens' rights to their own bodies and restrict their personal freedom, and put in place all kinds of invasive services that will result in more government and more taxes.

They want to cut back on education. They want to take away affordable health care for people.

The only people they seem to want less regulation of is rich white men on Wall street, and of course those "people" called corporations. That is why the GOP has alienated at least half of the American public.

They seem like a party of hate. And if you want to defend them, tell me who they do support, whose interests are they looking out for? Because it sure doesn't seem to be the average middle-class person or god forbid, a poor person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies