Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:19 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,259,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Mine go with me when I leave the house. Not sure that's legal in NY though.
Well, at least you're not like that half-wit in Newtown, CT who wasn't smart enough to lock the guns up or smart enough to use trigger locks. A least there are some responsible owners like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:28 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,244,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Fox news doesn't publish newspapers, neither does drudge or limpb*ll.
Correct fox news respects the privacy of people and would not publish a list of gun owners as they are both smart enough to understand what privacy is and what the repercussion to non gun owners of such s list

Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,736,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You just proved my point!

What about the guy that got stuck in a chimney or vent and called 911? He was trying to burglarize the place.
Part of it at least. Criminals aren't all that smart.

But leftwingers do own guns. They want more gun control but many of them aren't strictly anti-gun.

The article doesn't show longguns either. Which could be a huge amount of weapons. Just because the house isn't listed on the newspaper doesn't mean a weapon is not in the house.

And this is America. If some people don't like the law, some people will break it betting it won't be enforced. Witness drugs, the failed prohibition of alcohol, the simple act of speeding on the freeway. Any number of residence could hold an illegal handgun, with an otherwise law abiding citizen in residence.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,029,878 times
We saw that with the anti-gun reporter some years ago who shot that kid who trepassed to swim in his pool with his unregistered gun.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,535,371 times
I'm waiting for the first lawsuit against the newspaper from a crime victim.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,244,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I would rep you if I could. They pointed the way to the houses

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,010,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
They would be safe if they got this via FOI. It may be an immoral thing to publish, but that does not matter..as long as it was info available to the general public.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,188,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
http://www.lohud.com/interactive/art...nclick_check=1

No matter where you fall on the spectrum of gun ownership, this strikes me as the height of journalistic malpractice. Why should some sleazebag buy a gun when he can just break into someone's house? What are they going to report when those guns are stolen and then used in a crime? You know they won't blame themselves. What if the gun owner now has to use that gun because some jacka$$ is breaking into his or her house because the newspaper put the address out there.

This kind of thinking and reporting is inexcusable and will only create more problems.
My State filed a lawsuit against an organization for that. It's against the law to do it here.

They published a list of CCW holders.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,188,381 times
You'll also see a LARGE sign at every gun show.....No pictures or cameras allowed.

You will be thrown out on your ass.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,271,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The same liberal nutjobs who think publishing sex offender databases is wrong. What a bunch of mental weaklings.
Does that mean you are for posting the names and addresses of everyone who owns a gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies