Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,194,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As you can see from the dozens of different posts on this site, there is no getting through to the gun worshipping fetishists. They are addicted to the power they feel from these weapons the same way an addict is to heroin. They have every argument lined up when you try to discuss rationally with them, and when you start talking about legislation, they will start getting violent...this situation will get worse before it gets better.
You've already proven that you don't know squat about guns and gun ownership on the previous threads. You also admitted that you have no desire to educate yourself. So why should we take your opinion for anything other than the tripe that it is? Once you know what gun ownership actually means for most people, then get back to us. Your wild imagination is nothing but fuel for the timid, emotionally weak liberals that you cohort with. Many of which are right here on this forum. A Kumbayah Of Willful Ignorance. Just awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,253,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree, apparently he loves his children, more than his guns (unlike the wing nut right wing). How radical!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So basically he is a normal functioning human being.
You are really missing the point. If you listen to what Joe is saying, he is complaining about violent video games, violent movies, and guns.

If given more time to explain his position, he might also be complaining about violent rape music, or even rock music. What he is effectively arguing for, is not only gun control, but censorship.

What he is saying is, he loves his kids and he wants to protect them from anything bad happening to them. Which is fine. But his line of thinking, would lead down a road of total government control of anything and everything that Joe might consider harmful to his kids.

He has changed his view on guns, but what happens if a madman goes into a class of six-year olds with a knife and starts stabbing all of them? I mean, a person could probably kill a lot of little kids with a knife. Maybe we should ban knives? Or at least, any knife over a certain size.

I'm sure Joe supports keeping drugs illegal, because they might harm his kids. One of the leading causes of deaths for children, is drowning. Maybe we should ban swimming pools, boats, and going to the lake. That would save a lot more kids a year than guns. Maybe we should ban cars, or at least any car that doesn't meet a certain safety level.

Maybe we should put up checkpoints all over major cities, to look for criminals, drugs, guns, or even people under the influence of anything. I mean, think about how much safer we would be if there were checkpoints every couple miles all over the cities.

My point is, what Joe is espousing, isn't just the end of the second amendment. He is arguing for the end of the first amendment as well. He basically is taking the logical path of justifying a police state, where we have no rights. All in the name of "security".

Would you trade freedom for security?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM

20,504 posts, read 12,446,965 times
Joe has been drinking too much MSNBC wacky juice.

he has not been one of us for a very long time.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,524,596 times
Money and death threats have always been a pretty effective lobbying tool.

I'm not changing my mind. I hope you change yours to supporting liberty over government theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies