Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM

132 posts, read 197,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
But you don't understand these crazies need that weaponry for the coming collaspe of the US government and the roaming hordes of urban minority youths who are raping and killing everyone.

They need those guns to fight the tyrannical US government if need be.

They really believe this shyt.

So for them taking away those weapons means that when the government turns evil they'll be defenseless.

When society collaspes they won't be able to stop those minoirty youths.

I know it seems crazy, but this type of thinking undergirds a lot of their bs.
I don't think it's quite fair to say that everyone in favor of gun-rights is a conspiracy minded racist. I do think we need to be civil about this.
I was just hoping that by making that point that I could at least convince a single person that we need to not have an aversion to all regulations on all guns. This isn't the DRC. This is the USA. We shouldn't need semi-automatic firearms for self defense. We shouldn't need high-capacity clips for self defense. A rifle for hunting is fine. It's even legal in Japan. But a Bushmaster .233? Why? There is NO good reason. Even freedom isn't a justification. We give up some freedom to live in a civil society. And the freedom to kill is the first we give up and the one that we all hope is absolutely restricted. If you don't like murder, you shouldn't like the tools that were designed almost explicitly for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM

13,641 posts, read 21,492,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
No one is hurt by their lack of access to guns. Sorry.

What's an appropriate time to demand new laws and change? How about a 3 day waiting period?

I think a complete and radical reexamination of guns and society is in order. What was a well-intentioned right 200 years ago has played an obvious role in countless mass murders. There are exponentially too many guns floating around and easy access is clearly the biggest threat to safety our society faces. The violence only begets more guns in society and the cycle must be broken.

This can't continue. Sorry, if you have to get a new hobby....
You want to address violence? Then do so in a meaningful way that goes the root of the problem because the guns are only a instrument used in the violence it isn't the root cause of the violence. But there is no easy answer to the root of the violence is there?

But fact is if there are violent people out there you have two choices take a chance or fight back.

Sorry if I have to get a new hobby? What kind of statement is that? That is a severe conform or else mentality, a mentality that is not only short sighted on your part in regards to freedom but also toward tyranny.

Are you going to say "sorry" to a woman who's ex goes off the deep end when she could have saved herself by having a weapon but couldn't because in your statistics she is expendable in the bigger picture of reducing gun ownership?

Well sorry back to you, because I won't accept your vision or agenda.....

Old 12-16-2012, 09:05 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I always get a kick out of people who, when they can't refute what I said, try to tell me I said something else instead.

I believe you completely. Thank you for doing the same thing President Obama did tonight.

I just pointed out that it WOULD help, and explained why. Do you have anything to say that addresses this, aside from a dreamy-eyed, hopeful denial?

I haven't noticed maniacs having any difficult getting them. The latest example provides yet another bit of evidence supporting this fact.

To no one's surprise, you guess wrong... again.

Finally you get at least one thing in your twisted display of wishful thinking, right.[/quote]

You didn't prove anything. You just stated that repealing gun laws would somehow help things. You didn't say why. Please tell me, HOW could less gun restrictions have prevented this tragedy? Do you think elementary school teachers and 7 year old would have brought guns to school?

I mean, if you were arguing that we should have armed security guards, that would at least make some sense.

Also, saying maniacs aren't having a tough time getting guns now isn't a good response to me saying repealing laws will make it easier. Sure, it's true they aren't having a tough time, but making it easier is going to help how?

Perhaps instead of talking about guns, improving our nations mental health institutions would be more meaningful.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you need a better hearing aid.

P.s. they are all homicidal maniacs for the most part,but every other president isnt the issue here, so sell your excuse making and amoral b.s. to someone else.
I clearly said it wasn't a defense of Obama. He has blood on his hands. Reading comprehension...

Old 12-16-2012, 09:08 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,478,298 times
Quote:
you need a better hearing aid.

P.s. they are all homicidal maniacs for the most part,but every other president isnt the issue here, so sell your excuse making and amoral b.s. to someone else.
Read: I voted for Bush twice.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,645,583 times
How about a link to who wrote the article? I'm not surprised you are taking credit for something you are not responsible for, you seem like that kind of person.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,744,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I hear ya, I'm doing my best to avoid the trolls....
Sure doesn't look like it to anyone with an IQ over 10.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM

45,484 posts, read 26,764,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
I clearly said it wasn't a defense of Obama. He has blood on his hands. Reading comprehension...
Yeah I got the part where you minimized his actions by comparing him to past presidents, otherwise why bring them up?

Talk out of both sides of your mouth much?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,095,693 times
Quote:
The real irony, Obama is responsible for the deaths of more children than the conn. shooter.
As well as those in other countries.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,208,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You want to address violence? Then do so in a meaningful way that goes the root of the problem because the guns are only a instrument used in the violence it isn't the root cause of the violence. But there is no easy answer to the root of the violence is there?

But fact is if there are violent people out there you have two choices take a chance or fight back.

Sorry if I have to get a new hobby? What kind of statement is that? That is a severe conform or else mentality, a mentality that is not only short sighted on your part in regards to freedom but also toward tyranny.

Are you going to say "sorry" to a woman who's ex goes off the deep end when she could have saved herself by having a weapon but couldn't because in your statistics she is expendable in the bigger picture of reducing gun ownership?
Great, I agree. In addition to banning weapons of war on the street, let's make massive investment in education and social programs that assist inner-city youth. Let's fight the conditions of poverty that often lead to gang violence and street violence. Let's rebuild our mental health system to provide counseling and psychiatric care for those who need it.

A two pronged approach would be perfect-- Fight BOTH the root cause of violence AND the instruments of violence. I'm glad we agree on this.

As far as your freedom and tyranny goes, I'm more concerned about the possibility of future classrooms full of dead children. So if you feel like you're 'freedom' to own an uzi is negatively impacting by future legislation, I basically don't care. You're freedom ends where mine is effected. And the culture of guns, and the resulting violence obviously effects my freedom as well.

And no, if you want a handgun for personal protection, I'm all for it. Be responsible and safe with it. Keep it out of the hands of kids and those who are untrained and unlicensed or suffer the consequences. However, there is no good reason for you to own what is essentially a weapon of war. That's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies