Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Tell me some famous gay men who are not effeminate.

I know some "out" gays in my life, they are all effeminate! Not even a single exception.
Steven Davies pro cricketer. England
Mark Bingham rugby player who helped bring down flight 93.
Esera Tuaolo green bay packers, Minnesota Vikings, and the Atlanta Falcons.
Ian Roberts Australian rugby star Voted 4th in the Total sports top 10 toughest men in sports.
Bob Paris 1983 Mr America, and Mr Universe bodybuilder.
Orlando Cruz boxer.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
maybe we should make the trains go late in NY because we don't want to be like Mussolini.
If being punctual, or expecting punctuality is being Mussolini, I guess we're in trouble.

Quote:
PS the Nazis followed those policies on paper only.
That may be a good way to think that your ideas match Nazi policies in theory only. Although, I do think the Nazis did more than just put these policies on paper.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Steven Davies pro cricketer. England
Mark Bingham rugby player who helped bring down flight 93.
Esera Tuaolo green bay packers, Minnesota Vikings, and the Atlanta Falcons.
Ian Roberts Australian rugby star Voted 4th in the Total sports top 10 toughest men in sports.
Bob Paris 1983 Mr America, and Mr Universe bodybuilder.
Orlando Cruz boxer.
Not familiar with them. Can't tell.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
In fact, I don't understand why an effeminate man wants to marry another effeminate man?
There are a LOT of people I look at and think to myself "Why would anyone want to marry them??". Nonetheless, I'm not looking to make it illegal to do so.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Section 2 states that a state need not recognize a same-sex marriage from another state. But Section 2 is irrelevant because states have long held this power under the Constitution. It was put in there for no other reason to allow politicians to claim that they had protected states from being forced to recognize same-sex marriages from other states, when that was never going to happen.
Why does the full faith and credit clause not apply to these situations?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM

753 posts, read 728,385 times
Quote:
How do you know it is a "cruelty against a (non-human) animal"? When animals are in heat, they want to have sex with anything. If you have a cat or dog you know that.
Fine. When either a cat or a dog petitions a federal court to be recognized as a 'person' under the Constitution, and thus possessive of the right to consensual sexual activity, I'll be happy to give Spot or Rex his/her day in court.

You're embarrassingly yourself here, you know. Same-sex marriage is not going to lead to dogs marrying any more than ending slavery was going to lead to canine emancipation, or women's suffrage was going to lead to Rover voting. It's a sad and pathetic argument, completely berefet of any logic whatsoever.

Quote:
Also, can a man marry his step mother or his biological brother, in your opinion?
Funny. A few posts ago, you said this:
"I don't want to get into incest, but you see the analogy."

Obviously, from the moment you mentioned it initially to this post when you again brought it up, you wanted to insinuate a connection between incest and homosexuality, all the while transparently pretending otherwise.

But frankly, I don't care.

The marriage isn't the issue, anyway -- the issue (and the rational basis for the state in prohibiting such unions) is genetic issues which are more likely to arise from such unions (excluding those between step relatives, of course), and thus one of reproduction. So there is a rational basis (that's a Constitutional concept, and one very relevant here -- you might want familiarize yourself with it, if you're actually interested in being honestly informed on the legal issues herein).

But even all of this nonsense you're peddling is nothing but a slippery-slope fallacy. You could just as easily apply that 'logic' to interracial marriages. ("What? Blacks and whites marrying? Then what about bestiality and incest?") The fact that you're not willing to apply it to interracial marriage shows that you don't really buy the slippery-slope argument that you're using. Or maybe you just haven't bothered to consider the implications of your logic. But given your bogus claims about not wanting to talk about incest, and then repeatedly bringing it up, I'm not inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM

753 posts, read 728,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Why does the full faith and credit clause not apply to these situations?
http://www.law.yale.edu/news/4174.htm

Quote:
The fly in the ointment was that nobody bothered to check whether the Full Faith and Credit Clause had actually ever been read to require one state to recognize another state's marriages. It hasn't. Longstanding precedent from around the country holds that a state need not recognize a marriage entered into in another state with different marriage laws if those laws are contrary to strongly held local public policy. The "public policy doctrine," almost as old as this country's legal system, has been applied to foreign marriages between first cousins, persons too recently divorced, persons of different races, and persons under the age of consent. The granting of a marriage license has always been treated differently than a court award, which is indeed entitled to full interstate recognition. Court judgments are entitled to full faith and credit but historically very little interstate recognition has been given to licenses.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
How do you know it is a "cruelty against a (non-human) animal"? When animals are in heat, they want to have sex with anything. If you have a cat or dog you know that.
Animals cannot be proven to give legal consent. For that reason, the meme of "But what if I wanna marry my cat?" will never be anything but stupid.

Quote:
Also, can a man marry his step mother or his biological brother, in your opinion?
Yes.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM

Then why are drivers licenses universally accepted? I can drive in all 50 states, while being licensed in only one.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
All are effeminate INTERNALLY.

Even if not all gay men are effeminate, most are, or many are. So it's very likely that two such men make a couple. no?
Most gays are effeminate because that is what gay culture embodies, especially in gay bars. Gays are pressured to think and act a certain way that identifies them just like other minority groups. I've known gays who one on one acted completely normal but once they were at gay bars they started walk with a girly walk, skipping, and talking with a lisp. Straight guys who hang around at gay bars a lot can develop feminine behavior because that is what they are around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.