Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The Catholic Church is in a real mess. They shifted to the Left some fifty years ago and have lost millions of loyal followers. The scandals with the gays priests have nearly destroyed the Church. Now they are just chasing Hispanics think the demographics will save them, but Hispanics demand more out of the church than they put into it.
What scandals with 'gay' priests?

Are you not aware that most men who sexually abuse young boys are either pedophiles with no adult sexual attractions, or heterosexual males? This is backed up by over 60 years of research.

John Jay Report: On Not Blaming Homosexual Priests

"[T]he researchers found no statistical evidence that gay priests were more likely than straight priests to abuse minors—a finding that undermines a favorite talking point of many conservative Catholics."

"First of all, nearly every reputable psychologist and psychiatrist, not to mention almost every scholarly study, decisively rejects the conflation of homosexuality with pedophilia, as well as any cause-and-effect relationship. The studies are almost too numerous to mention."

Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
A child is 10 times more likely to be raped and molested in a public school than a Catholic school

The homos flamboyant antics do more to cause knee jerk reaction than help their cause
Quote:
Thank You. This is the opinion of a long time family friend who is gay, a card carrying Republican and whom I attended mass with on a weekly basis for over two years
And what do the identity politics of your friend have to do with anything? Stupid is stupid.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 PM

753 posts, read 727,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just wait until you need an exorcism.
There's always Bobby Jindal (R-Exorcist) ...

New Oxford Review

Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What scandals with 'gay' priests?

Are you not aware that most men who sexually abuse young boys are either pedophiles with no adult sexual attractions, or heterosexual males? This is backed up by over 60 years of research.
Makes you wonder about the people who make the assertion that priests who are gay are also pedophiles. When I hear in the news about some man raping an 8-year-old girl, I certainly don't think that has anything to do with my heterosexuality. I'm disgusted at such an implication. Why someone who accuses gay priests of being pedophiles would themselves want to entangle their own sexuality with that of so-called heterosexual pedophiles is beyond me. A pedophile is first and foremost a pedophile. That simple.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:45 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Churches most certainly do have business sticking their noses into the issue of marriage. Church leaders are usually the ones officiating these covenants. They don't want to be put in the position of being forced to officiate homosexual unions, or have their tax exemption taken away. Or, to be charged with "hate speech" for daring to say what the Bible clearly states about homosexual behavior. This is not too far away, or far-fetched, is happening in Europe already.

Yes, homosexuals should have the freedom to form a union and get benefits in our pluralistic society. But, absolutely the church ( all denominations which still uphold the Bible ) has a right and responsibility to preserve the sanctity of marriage as we understand it. Churches should never be forced to participate in or condone a lifestyle just because the state or society at large decides to sanction it.
Marriage equality is about secular civil marriage, not a church ceremony. You can pick and choose from modern english translations of the Bible whatever religious dogma you wish to follow, but you cannot force others to live by it.

Does your local Catholic priest check to see if a woman is a virgin before performing a marriage ceremony? If she isn't, does the congregation gather around her to stone her to death? If not, then they are not following what is 'clearly stated' in the Bible.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-17-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,251 times
Thank god im an atheist

Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 PM

629 posts, read 771,595 times
Are you calling me stupid?

If you are I will be reporting this post to a moderator as a personal attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And what do the identity politics of your friend have to do with anything? Stupid is stupid.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Are you calling me stupid?

If you are I will be reporting this post to a moderator as a personal attack
Feel free to do so. But how could I have been calling you stupid if you weren't sharing your own reasoning but the reasoning of your friend?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:39 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Or one could say they are defending marriage being between a man and woman and gay are spending money against [man/woman] marriage.
True. Everybody, the homosexual included, already has marriage “equality” and they know this. The homosexual militants intentionally mislead and deliberately misrepresent the issue trying to inflame emotional enthusiasm associated with other completely unrelated issues such as race. If the homosexual militants were genuinely honest they would admit the truth and call it what it is i.e. homosexual “marriage”.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 PM

629 posts, read 771,595 times
So then argue the point. or

start name calling

Oh wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Feel free to do so. But how could I have been calling you stupid if you weren't sharing your own reasoning but the reasoning of your friend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies