Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,821,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
In short, yes, he can be called to testify, and, he may invoke his rights of the fifth amendment.
I doubt he will invoke the 5th. Covering his won ass seems to be the least of Petraeus's concerns. And frankly I doubt the guy is built that way.

It's also the least of the administration's concerns. More likely they are worried that he will testify to Congress that he wanted to order the CIA personnel in Bebghazi, to go to the consulate and help fight off the attackers, but was ordered not to by his Commander in Chief, and so he ordered them to stand down instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,273,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Nothing so sensible, of course. It was merely the standard attempt to change the subject to George W. Bush, and get conservatives talking about that rather than talking about the subject of the thread (why Petraeus was suddenly not going to testify to Congress abut Benghazi). Ignored as it deserved.

It is a measure of liberals' concern about the real question, though, that they tried to change the subject so quickly.
As a liberal, or leftist some might call me, I wasn't and didn't attempt to change the subject. I gave a clear and concise answer to your post.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/26906512-post26.html
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
I doubt he will invoke the 5th. Covering his won ass seems to be the least of Petraeus's concerns. And frankly I doubt the guy is built that way.

It's also the least of the administration's concerns. More likely they are worried that he will testify to Congress that he wanted to order the CIA personnel in Bebghazi, to go to the consulate and help fight off the attackers, but was ordered not to by his Commander in Chief, and so he ordered them to stand down instead.
You're assuming again, if you wanted to rake the bengazi dung pile again with your assertions, you should have done so on one of the many begazi threads available, because you're turning this thread into another bengazi thread.

I don't think you're speaking for the general, you are assuming what the man might, will, or won't say, which is ignorance on your part, unless you're involved with the FBI investigation or know the man personally.

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. You're creating a diversion with other members who threw out a penalty flag.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 11-11-2012 at 01:06 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,190,565 times
He can be called just as Col. North was called ;rememeber him?The committee can even have closed or only members of leadership look at certain documants.He of course is li=mited same as he was when CIA director as to what he can reveal specifically on documents.L Lots of cases of resigned or dismissed can testify before congress.He will just testify as not a member of the adminsitration anymore like so many in the past.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,406,789 times
All this conspiracy crap is fun, but if the House leadership is serious about this, they will SUBPOENA his ass.

If they do, and Petraeus has something on the pres, so be it. I want the truth to come out.

But if Petraeus takes the 5th... we'll know HE's the one who effed up.

AND... if the House GOP DOESN'T subpoena Petraeus... we'll know they, and their wing-ding supporters, are full of s&$t!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,821,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
She did nothing of the sort.
Feinstein Expresses Shock at Suddenness of Petraeus Resignation

(yawn)

Quote:
She has in fact said Petraeus would probably be called in a separate hearing to testify as a citizen.
Of course... once people began questioning the earlier announcements that he would not testify. Then they began changing their tune.

But the question remains: Why did the Democrats announces so quickly and surely, that Petraeus' resignation meant that he would not testify to Congress about the Benghazi events?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,406,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Didn't like the other thread on this topic?
The search engine is your friend.
This one reason I'm always in trouble with the mods.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,266,390 times
"A senior US military official says the author who had an affair with David Petraeus sent harassing e-mails to a woman who was the State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command.

The official says 37-year-old Jill Kelley in Tampa, Fla., received the emails from Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell that triggered an FBI investigation."

[Source.]

Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM

3,842 posts, read 3,094,594 times
I'm concerned that Petraeus is going to have an arranged fatal heart attack any day now.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:35 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,190,565 times
Quote:

(yawn)

Of course... once people began questioning the earlier announcements that he would not testify. Then they began changing their tune.

But the question remains: Why did the Democrats announces so quickly and surely, that Petraeus' resignation meant that he would not testify to Congress about the Benghazi events?
Pelosi doe not run the house naymore and only speaks for herself. Like mnay times we hear all types of stuff thatis basleless as afct. incluidng thast their is a conpsiracy to hide somethign such as this thread inplies.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM

414 posts, read 346,512 times
Quote:

(yawn)

Well it looks as though Petraeus won't testify anytime soon. He say's he wants to put his life back together before any testimony he said. Sure........putting his life back together is way more important than 4 murdered Americans!!......Sorry, General, but I do not think you deserve that luxury.

The PJ Tatler » Petraeus to Try to ‘Put Life Back Together’ Before Any Benghazi Testimony

The ranking Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee said he’s spoken to former CIA Director David Petraeus about still testifying on the Benghazi attack — and the answer is not now.

Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) said on ABC’s This Week this morning that his committee wasn’t told about the Petraeus investigation — reportedly centering around his mistress and emails — until Friday, when the general’s resignation was announced.
“He and I have already had a conversation. You know, he’s trying to put his life back together right now and that’s what he needs to focus on,” Chambliss said in regard to Thursday’s closed-door Benghazi hearing, at which Petraeus was supposed to testify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies