Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:44 PM

744 posts, read 1,849,166 times

Advertisements

Don't they know that communist governments stifle creativity, self-expression, etc? In a communist government the government dictates everything that you say and do. You won't find anybody from Cuba, North Korea, or China on Facebook(or the internet period). You are nothing in a communist society unless you are in government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Why does Hollywood, artists, the press and other creative people support Obama??

Because ... they're educated, intelligent people.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Intelligent?? Supporting breakdown of our freedom and constitution is intelligent?? Supporting a government where their beloved self-expression in creativity is stifled is intelligent??

Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Asking a question that has an assumption built into it so that it can’t be answered without appearing guilty, is a fallacy.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:49 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,630 times
Chinese people use the internet. And China isn't really communist either. Dictatorship yes, but not communist.

Oh, and Obama isn't a commie either.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
J24

448 posts, read 864,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Hollywood is full of educated and intelligent people? Celebrities?! I bet you're one of the people who listens and cares when Lady Gaga endorses a candidate.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
Many reasons, and those same reasons can often explain why some places like CA in general does. It's becasue the alternative isn't ok. There are places, this being one of them, where the majority of people have been exposed to the world a little more, see a bigger picture, don't care who does what in the bedroom, don't care who controls their reproduction or how, we aren't looking at life as our small town, church, everyone agreeing over the weekly pot luck, or dreaming about things being "the way they were in the good old days". There is a more global POV and more forward thinking. I don't mean to insult anyone but that is the bottom line. When you know how big the world is and learn a little about it the small time issues that others cling to are not logical, don't make sense, and aren't worth fighting over. Our country has evolved at a different pace and it's causing internal problems for us. That's my opinion.

Last edited by Ceece; 11-06-2012 at 04:01 PM..

Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,744 times
I'll ignore your false leader about Obama being a communist. I'll ask you why would artists, in general, support the GOP that kowtows to the moral majority. An organizxation that, for sure, will censor artistic work, if in any way does not agree with their version of the bible.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Many reasons, and those same reasons can often explain why some places like CA in general does. It's becasue the alternative isn't ok. There are places, this being one of them, where the majority of people have been exposed to the world a little more, see a bigger picture, don't care who does what in the bedroom, don't care who controls their reproduction or how, we aren't looking at life as our small town, church, everyone agreeing over the weekly pot luck, or dreaming about things being "the way they were in the good old days". There is a more global POV and more forward thinking. I don't mean to insult anyone but that is the bottom line. When you know how big the world is and learn a little about it the small time issues that others cling to are not logical, don't make sense, and aren't worth fighting over. Our country have evolved at a different pace and it's causing internal problems for us. That's my opinion.
When has communism solved anything though?? How is it going to solve things for America?? How is taking away rights and freedom going to solve anything??

Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I'll ignore your false leader about Obama being a communist. I'll ask you why would artists, in general, support the GOP that kowtows to the moral majority. An organizxation that, for sure, will censor artistic work, if in any way does not agree with their version of the bible.
I will ask you the same thing. Communism censors a lot more than just dirty artwork ya know? They censor ALL artistic expression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies